Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Attention seeking facebook statuses ususally directed at some anonymous figure of hate (I'm so unhappy, why can't be people be honest with you? - something like that)
Couples that send each other messages on facebook on Valentines day (I'm certain this is with the express intention of making single people feel rubbish & isn't it meant to be anonymous anyway?)
Pubs next to train stations

Exactly this. Same with anniversary posts and endless baby crap. This was a friend's post the other day "It's been 7 months today since Marla came into the world, we are so blessed". 7 months? Since when has that been a significant date in anyone's life? Self absorbed ballbag.

Also these posts "SO busy at the moment...". Some actor friends are awful for this, I take anyone off that posts this kind of guff.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Exactly this. Same with anniversary posts and endless baby crap. This was a friend's post the other day "It's been 7 months today since Marla came into the world, we are so blessed". 7 months? Since when has that been a significant date in anyone's life? Self absorbed ballbag.

People that use the arguement, "You're not a parent, you wouldn't understand."

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I am a parent and I don't understand.

Although the posts that end up with 'Like if you love your daughter/son/mum/dad or whatever" are the worst of facebook IMHO. I love the inference that I don't love them if i don't like this stupid ****ing post.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
....organic...

....vegan.....

....green....

...enviromentally friendly....

...recycle....

france

computer / video games

town centre pubs

Have some sympathy with much of that, but have to jump to a stout defence of France. If I didn't live here, I would want to live there.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Christ. This.

I remember being bored stiff when I was a kid, seen and not heard etc and I vowed when I have kids I will engage with them and stimulate them as much as possible and I intend to but I am constantly amazed at just how much stuff is focussed on kids these days. Every day out is completely child focussed, everything geared for kids. When my brother and his wife bring my nephew up for a few days I am astounded that for 4 solid days nothing is done without the 6 year old's opinion being taken into account. Middle Farm, swimming, pizza hut (yeuurgh), cinema, Drusilla's, etc. Jesus! Do something for yourselves. "Do you want to go Geo-Cacheing Uncle Nibs?" No I ****ing don't.

I look around and I see all these kids being indulged limitlessly. Companies have cottoned on and the "child pound" is a big deal. Shame to see so many parents falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Also hate these type of things

If you have a woman in your life
A sister, a mother, a daughter
Then you are blessed
For you know someone who suffers but does not cry
Someone who stands by you but asks for no reward
Someone whooo blah blah blbleeeurghhhblooooob.

Usually accompanied by a black and white photo of some footprints in sand or some such shit

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I am a parent and I don't understand.

Although the posts that end up with 'Like if you love your daughter/son/mum/dad or whatever" are the worst of facebook IMHO. I love the inference that I don't love them if i don't like this stupid ****ing post.

In the same vein: 'Baby/Child/Monster on Board' stickers on cars

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Christ. This.

I remember being bored stiff when I was a kid, seen and not heard etc and I vowed when I have kids I will engage with them and stimulate them as much as possible and I intend to but I am constantly amazed at just how much stuff is focussed on kids these days. Every day out is completely child focussed, everything geared for kids. When my brother and his wife bring my nephew up for a few days I am astounded that for 4 solid days nothing is done without the 6 year old's opinion being taken into account. Middle Farm, swimming, pizza hut (yeuurgh), cinema, Drusilla's, etc. Jesus! Do something for yourselves. "Do you want to go Geo-Cacheing Uncle Nibs?" No I ****ing don't.

I look around and I see all these kids being indulged limitlessly. Companies have cottoned on and the "child pound" is a big deal. Shame to see so many parents falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Parental guilt, latching on to that was the marketer's wet dream. Those adverts for milk formula that basically scream, your child will be unintelligent and deformed if you don't give them this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The McDonalds " Big Breakfast " a bit of rubberised egg,a solitary Hash Brown and a bit of sausagemeat in a tasteless bun.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Christ. This.

Yup, and then those kids that aren't fell hard done by and claim that is isn't fair because their friends get to do this that and the other, snack endlessly and get all the things they desire. I genuinely feel sorry for my kids and agree when they tell me that it is not fair. Working in a school though i get to see first hand the result of overindulged ill mannered selfish spoilt brats that cannot handle being given a little criticism, losing a game or having to work at something and do it for themselves.

I genuinely think that it is all linked to that kind of shite posted on facebook about us cherishing our children and that we would do anything for them. Actually what children need is a balance of love, guidance and a few of life's lessons to prepare them for the adult world. I can't stand the sterile, cotton wool world we seem to be making for our children which means they can't cope when they find out how it really is.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Also hate these type of things

If you have a woman in your life
A sister, a mother, a daughter
Then you are blessed
For you know someone who suffers but does not cry
Someone who stands by you but asks for no reward
Someone whooo blah blah blbleeeurghhhblooooob.

Usually accompanied by a black and white photo of some footprints in sand or some such shit

I genuinely don't know how these kind of idiots are allowed out. They should be locked up for their own safety because they are clearly incapable of distinguishing a load of horses*** from genuine empathetic human behaviour. I swear a good 50% of facebook is people demonstrating to each other what great people they are. WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Also the more recent telly ad for Werthers.... " I remember the day I first visited my favourite caramel shop....." FFS I have never seen a " Caramel Shop " so how you can pick a favourite one is beyond me. Added to this the fact that Werthers are just a very average toffee anyway. Bah, humbug !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Parental guilt, latching on to that was the marketer's wet dream. Those adverts for milk formula that basically scream, your child will be unintelligent and deformed if you don't give them this.

Exactly. My generation (mid 30's) fell for it especially hard as we are the first generation that never grew up. Grown men gwetting themselves over GTA 5 anyone? When we were kids we would have killed for a Spider Man suit with a proper facemask, not that plastic eye goggle thing with eyeholes that cut your eyelids off and elastic that snapped your ears. We would have creamed our Buck Rogers knickers if we'd had all the Star Wars stuff around. Days out chasing Zombies! Come on!!! We'd have loved it!! All these toys and activities and more are now available in abundance and our man-child "Spaced" generation laps it up and buys it all for their kids and live vicariously through them. And if they don't they get accused of not raising their kids properly.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Having an declared allegiance to a political party no matter what.

Always thought it defeats the point of political parties when you're not willing to have an open mind and change who you would vote for based on policies. Really hoping this doesn't triggar are political debate because those are also shit boring.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I genuinely don't know how these kind of idiots are allowed out. They should be locked up for their own safety because they are clearly incapable of distinguishing a load of horses*** from genuine empathetic human behaviour. I swear a good 50% of facebook is people demonstrating to each other what great people they are. WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

Hahah! We certainly bloody don't!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In the same vein: 'Baby/Child/Monster on Board' stickers on cars

I assume you have these stupid stick figure families in England?

800x600custom-stick-figures-car-7-lg_1_1.jpg

I like these ones

nobody-cares-stick-figure-family-car-decals.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here