Croydon
Transfer deadline day on Skysports
Excuses made under the health and safety banner
The Middle East
Vanessa feltz
Untidy lady gardens

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sending other couples Wedding Anniversary cards. I. Simply. Do. Not. Understand.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sending other couples Wedding Anniversary cards. I. Simply. Do. Not. Understand.

Sending cards in general. Birthday, Christmas, Mothers Day, Father Day, Valentines. Bollox to them all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I sort of understand Birthday cards, I don't send them but Wedding Anniversaries? It just seems so smug and self contented to expect everyone to keep joining in your celebration of marriage considering they have probably already paid out a fortune to attend your stag do, wedding etc. We get it. You are a happy couple.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anchorman tries to be funny/edgy by reworking 70s sexist humour. Just Imagine hoping to see brass eye or drop the dead donkey but instead getting served up a modernist version of on the buses set in a news room.

It is so apalingly shit I couldn't put up with more than 30 minutes of it.
This. Anchorman is gash.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Homeopathic medicine

This has got to be the winner. It has been scientifically proven to be a load of crap. It's based on the idea that water has a memory. Arguing that it works is like arguing that the world is flat. It does not work. FACT!! (I normally hate posts that end FACT but this really is a fact!)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This has got to be the winner. It has been scientifically proven to be a load of crap. It's based on the idea that water has a memory. Arguing that it works is like arguing that the world is flat. It does not work. FACT!! (I normally hate posts that end FACT but this really is a fact!)

Oh, you are right there. My Mother's unaltering belief in Homeopathy almost killed me as a child and arguably sent her to the grave early. The belief itself is hokum, the people that profit from this belief are worse than scum. Huhhh, and relax.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Oh, you are right there. My Mother's unaltering belief in Homeopathy almost killed me as a child and arguably sent her to the grave early. The belief itself is hokum, the people that profit from this belief are worse than scum. Huhhh, and relax.

You're right about the people that profit from it. In order to make money they encourage people to avoid medicines that might actually help them in favour of taking a placebo. The effects of this aren't too bad when you're talking about headaches and bruises but when the illness is more serious they're putting peoples lives at risk in order to make money, which it sounds like you've been unfortunate enough to have personal experience of.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reality TV and TV talent shows that offer effort free aspiration and false drama.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People who take X factor any more seriously than WWF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports