Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
TV adverts where 78% of people agree ...blah blah and they've only asked 12 in the survey (ok slight exaggeration) ... :(

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Booking Ryanair/Easyjet flights online and having to endure 789 consecutive screens of “find the invisible button that removes the additional £500 they’ve added to pre-select your seat”.

SHIT.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What if their argument is that they hate it because it is over-rated by OTHER people?

Good question.

In that case they should either a) hate the other people, not NYE itself or b) realise that it’s pathetic to be so weak minded that their expectations of a night should be entirely determined by what other people think it might be like.

Either way I reckon it’s a load of absolute shit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What if their argument is that they hate it because it is over-rated by OTHER people?

I promise I'll shut up about Nando's after this - THIS is my point. I don't even hate Nando's that much - it's that I hate how much other people rave about it like it's something AMAZING.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hypnotism

Its complete BOBBINS. Nobody in the history of the world has EVER been "hypnotised". All this 'look into my eyes' crapola, then supposedly falling into a trance and then thinking you're a chicken, or that someone has stolen your thumbs, or that your face is on fire. Its a complete pretence, a charade. Anyone who even THINKS they've been hypnotised and then acts it out is a complete and utter BUFFOON and should not be allowed to do so much as take the bins out without being heavily monitored.

So are you rubbishing all hypnotism or stage hypnotism? I only ask as I've experienced the non-stage version (for anxiety, if you're curious) and I would be comfortable saying it does have an effect.

Completely agree that the 'your face has melted, go!', side of it is hokum though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any ad in a paper or magazine which prominently boasts the proud declaration: "AS SEEN ON TV !"

Well woop-di-doo, fetch me my wallet. I wasn't going to bother purchasing that giant fur-lined mono-slipper winterbuster. But now I know its appeared on TV, probably during a 4am commercial break on Challenge, well I simply MUST have it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So are you rubbishing all hypnotism or stage hypnotism? I only ask as I've experienced the non-stage version (for anxiety, if you're curious) and I would be comfortable saying it does have an effect.

Completely agree that the 'your face has melted, go!', side of it is hokum though.

All of it.

Its all bobbins.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oooh, this might be my ultimate pile of shit…

BLACK TIE

"It's black tie only."
"Can't I wear a normal suit?"
"No sorry, that's not SMART enough."

Yup. dog-tuxedo1.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Night time establishments where you are not allowed a drink on the DANCE ARENA.

SHUT UP. If I've shown enough BRAVERY to get myself up there I'm going to need my RUM in my left hand.

What the HELL am I meant to do with my drinking hand if theres no drink in it? It's just a FLAILING limb.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
TEAM BUILDING Days/Weekends/Exercises
Oooohhh I don't know. I've only been on one and we had a weekend paid for in Holland to meet our dutch and german colleagues and it was FANTASTIC.

Mainly as the dutch had a classic english-styled pub on their offices top floor and it was all paid for all night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports