Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Jimmy Grimble

Not the spectacle, but the way it's squeezing every last penny out of football, piling it all into a massive bath, and sloshing about in it, laughing maniacally; whilst the rest if English football is fighting over the an ever decreasing pot.

Nicely put.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'm not saying Nando's is great and you're probably right about the marketing. I think it appeals because it's cheap but the food and surroundings are clearly a cut above having a McDonald's burger or some greasy KFC chicken, so the scum feel like they're having a proper night out.

My only point is that I can't see how you can say it's worse than a McDonald's meal. McDonald's 'meat' is absolutely appalling, and they effectively serve salt with a sprinkling of chips, when it should be the other way round. Nando's is just a solid chicken meal, nothing to get excited about but pleasant enough. It's a long way ahead of anything Ronald is serving up.

On this subject, what truly is shit in a restaurant is any pasta dish. I can't believe anyone EVER orders one. Do these people not go to the supermarket and see the price of pasta? What comes out on your plate costs literally about 10p. Throw on a generic sauce bought in bulk and of average quality and maybe a tiny bit of chicken and you're serving a meal that costs about 50p to make for £10. At least with a Nando's, or a pizza, or even a burger, I can see ingredients that actually cost a few quid to buy.

I am liking the new sane badger.

My two teens love Nandos, so their giftcards come in handy for presents. Sure it is pricey convenience food, but most of it is quite healthy. The standard Italian restaurant in this country is Past or Pizza around 10-12 quid, meat and fish specials 17-20 quid. So many times the service is good, but the food is uninspiring.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
reincarnation , sponges , leafy seadragons , eggs , gooseberries , sloths , pig-faced frogs , halibut , snow , cauliflower , rabbits , donkeys , drains , toilets and carpet.
I disagree; all of these things are in fact very good

Things getting lost in international post is shitty

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Harry Redknapp.

Jimmy Grimble

Instagram.

Excellent shout.

The phrase "using the creativity of others to express individuality" sums up Instasham.

I'm adding Vans. Terrible quality trainers, abducted by chavs and teenagers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is compared to going to a 'proper' restaurant. I agree it's not cheap for what it is, but I think it works because mum and dad can feed themselves and two kids for less than £40 in a traditional restaurant setting. Their alternatives are to eat shit food at McDonald's in a poor environment, or spend an awful lot more on a similar place to Nando's with nicer food. It's one of the few places I can think of that falls in the middle ground between fast food and decent restaurant.

Exactly right. Ridiculous to compare it to KFC or McDonalds - they both operate at a completely different selling point. Nobody goes to McDonalds for a 'meal out' - simply to eat, and get out as soon as possible, before catching anything from the feral scrotes infesting the place.

Nando's operates at the same selling point as Pizza Express, ASK, Chiquita, Prezzo, etc, and their prices are all much the same - about a tenner for a meal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here