Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy you about our football club right now..

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Fans are fans are fans. I applaud the away fans for their dedication at coming to an away game to support THEIR team. If you want, when we stop applauding, you can applaud the fans whose dedication has kept them at home whilst their team plays away. Brighton & Hove Albion, we come in peace to drink your ale.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Those of us that went to football in the 80's 90's will never really except what it has become now. It used to be the chance for the working man to let off a bit of steam and have a laugh with his mates with out costing a days money to get in to the bloody ground.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is why they don't attend right?
Guess you're on about others as I do attend games....let's not go down that route A

So those 7 reasons above are why you never went to the Withdean, not even once? W
What's made you change and start coming to games now, unless of course you mean the 2/3 away games you do?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still SEETHING about the lifetime away membership scheme being cancelled, and the SPIN declaring it as 'lifetime of the scheme' :lolol:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The inability to get the words to the club song right. And when they do they give different words to the opera singer with the microphone. How hard can it be?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Away fans seating in the home seats yet again yesterday! Same thing at the Norwich match! Whoever you are please stop purchasing tickets for the away support ffs! punish:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Poor season, yes. But I'm quite happy to be a Brighton fan right now. If I could choose any 4 year period to be a Brighton fan (since I was old enough to attend in 1986) it'd be this one. Although 1999 to 2003 was pretty good.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Those of us that went to football in the 80's 90's will never really except what it has become now. It used to be the chance for the working man to let off a bit of steam and have a laugh with his mates with out costing a days money to get in to the bloody ground.

You earn £30 a day?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
None of the OPs points vaguely annoy me.

It's still a great club to support and, despite a pretty awful season on the field, the club are still getting an awful lot right off it.

The only thing that has really irritated me this season is some of the communication coming from the top - a few of the comments such as:

1) Wait and judge us at the end of August. I'm very confident we'll have a top 6 squad.
2) It was nice being sat in the pub on transfer deadline day having completed all our business.
3) I still think we have a squad capable of the top 6 (when we were near or in the relegation zone towards the end of Sami's reign)

Having supported the club for over 30 years, I've seen football far worse that what we see nowadays, I've seen plenty of relegations etc. BUT it always felt we were fighting against the odds then. We didn't have any money/we had Archer/we had no ground etc. etc. We were punching above our weight generally and it was fun/challenging/emotional etc.

This season, it just feels like there has been a bit of arrogance/delusion at the top. The comments made by Tony Bloom were either extremely worrying in terms of his judgement or he was trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes - neither of them particularly great. If Brighton fans feel that they're being told the truth, we've shown we'll pretty much put up with anything. If we are told up front that the Ulloa money has to go on reducing our losses and only a very small proportion will be spent on new signings, so be it - I'd happily accept that. However, we only get told things like the squad is the most expensive we've ever had (which again is more than a slight worry if true because the quality is by far the worst we've had at the Amex).

It was actually nice to read in yesterday's programme from both Bloom and Barber that they got things wrong and the season has been a major disappointment - it was the first time I'd seen either of them really admit this.

It is a very big summer ahead for the club - I'm amazed at the high number of season ticket renewals for next season. if we have another season like this one, I do fear that the number will drop far more significantly.

However, 4 or 5 really good new first teamers - and it could be another top 6 season...

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Beer queues - that's it. Twice yesterday I queued for a beer and couldn't get one before the first or second halves kicked off. First half I started queueing with 20 mins to go, second half... well, you know the timescales. Gave up on both occasions with 2/3 minutes to go because while I can, I don't enjoy jamming a pint down that quickly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we are told up front that the Ulloa money has to go on reducing our losses and only a very small proportion will be spent on new signings, so be it - I'd happily accept that. However, we only get told things like the squad is the most expensive we've ever had (which again is more than a slight worry if true because the quality is by far the worst we've had at the Amex).

But he did. Bloom said in a fans forum, and Barber has said many times since that not all of the incoming transfer money would be spent on players fees. This isn't unusual. Few Champ clubs would spend all the Ulloa money on new players. (Palace didn't with Zaha to pick one example at random).
I think the club have been open about it. And the only reason we get told the squad is the most expensive we've ever had presumably because it is. The accounts will have to show that when they're published next season. All other statements along these lines in previous seasons by Bloom have been proven true.

Thinking that the squad, at least in the first part of the season, is capable of holding its own in the Top 6 and being open about it being expensive shows us a number of things given we finished 20th .
We've spent badly, Bloom believed the players we bought had a track record/potential (at the time), Bloom has invested in the playing side yet again. it doesn't show he's lying , or trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes as the regret and disappointment in the programme and elsewhere by TB in the last week or so also shows.
This season has been horrible, the club messed up with recruitment, didn't handle the replacement of key players, made a key managerial mistake and only about half a dozen matches out of the 28 or so i've seen this season have been in any way satisfying. But the idea that the club aren't open about what they think to fans, haven't invested heavily in the clubs playing side or didn't think the club had potential to be top 6 in Sep/Oct just doesn't hold up.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Beer queues - that's it. Twice yesterday I queued for a beer and couldn't get one before the first or second halves kicked off. First half I started queueing with 20 mins to go, second half... well, you know the timescales. Gave up on both occasions with 2/3 minutes to go because while I can, I don't enjoy jamming a pint down that quickly.
You're in the north, right? Always found the queues at the bar in the centre of the concourse to be significantly shorter than those at the west end (probably east as well). Barely ever have to wait more than a minute or two before being served.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here