Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things I've heard Paul Barber blamed for this week

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What's wrong with calling a fat bloke a fat bloke? It's his choice to eat the pies.

Because when you do that, you make judgements. Look at the second part of your statement. He may have a medical condition and not be eating all the pies. Also if you want stewards to respect you, then maybe show them a bit of respect to. You can make yourself heard with a complaint about stewards with out having to be derogatory about them

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Reading a few of your post today, and you seem to refer to the steward as fat in a derogatory way. In another post you Mention people doing their job right and the need to fire stewards if they do not. You point out that if you do not do your job properly that you would be fired. I would if any part of your job allows you to call people fat, just because they are overweight. I take you have had dealings with this steward, I would ask if its his people skills or yours that are lacking. He may not be good at his job, he may need retraining. But the the bloody hell has that got to do with his weight?

I see where you're going with this. Fair play.

That said, he is pretty fat.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Definate and almost immedeate removal of the DD season ticket payment system when we make the EPL, and adding interest and adminstration fees.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think Paul Barber is a great asseset to the club if you have a problem e-mail him he will get back to you with an answer you may like it or not but he will give you a answer? :
kiss::bowdown::rolleyes:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Because when you do that, you make judgements. Look at the second part of your statement. He may have a medical condition and not be eating all the pies. Also if you want stewards to respect you, then maybe show them a bit of respect to. You can make yourself heard with a complaint about stewards with out having to be derogatory about them

Ah the age old excuse of fat chozzas everywhere, whatever next? They have big bones? A glandular problem? FACT - The overwhelming factor for most people being lardy arses is that they bloody eat too much and don't exercise.

Stewards are generally not blessed with great intelligence or intellect, primarily because it is low paid work that doesn't require any great skill or experience and therefore attracts people from the lower end of the employment spectrum. They don't really get that much training and the perceived power a yellow flourescent jacket gives some people who have never been in a position where they are required to tell people what to do is often at odds with their ability to communicate in an appropriate fashion. Being a fat steward isn't going to help you if you are not very good at communicating with people, indeed any kind of personal trait will be focused on by someone being spoken to poorly or treated badly, you see it all the time when people get upset with each other someone goes from simply being a tosser to being a fat tosser, ugly tosser, (insert racial abuse) tosser, little tosser etc etc. I'm not entirely sure what my point is here other than if the steward was not fat i'm sure he would be referred to as some other abusive term based upon his looks, hunched back or whatever.

By the way, I'm a bit overweight & 44 years old so if you don't like my reply its fine - Fat old twat is good.

Ooops! almost forgot, all this is obviously Barber's fault.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I watched a documentry last night called Stealing Africa. It told how Paul Barber has, with help from the IWF and the world bank, bought all the zambian copper mines. The mines were then operating with emmissions hundreds of times above the WHO recoomended levels and avoiding paying millions in tax to the Zambian government. The man is a menace.

**disclaimer** there is a good chance that it wasn't Paul Barber.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Ah the age old excuse of fat chozzas everywhere, whatever next? They have big bones? A glandular problem? FACT - The overwhelming factor for most people being lardy arses is that they bloody eat too much and don't exercise.

Stewards are generally not blessed with great intelligence or intellect, primarily because it is low paid work that doesn't require any great skill or experience and therefore attracts people from the lower end of the employment spectrum. They don't really get that much training and the perceived power a yellow flourescent jacket gives some people who have never been in a position where they are required to tell people what to do is often at odds with their ability to communicate in an appropriate fashion. Being a fat steward isn't going to help you if you are not very good at communicating with people, indeed any kind of personal trait will be focused on by someone being spoken to poorly or treated badly, you see it all the time when people get upset with each other someone goes from simply being a tosser to being a fat tosser, ugly tosser, (insert racial abuse) tosser, little tosser etc etc. I'm not entirely sure what my point is here other than if the steward was not fat i'm sure he would be referred to as some other abusive term based upon his looks, hunched back or whatever.

By the way, I'm a bit overweight & 44 years old so if you don't like my reply its fine - Fat old twat is good.

Ooops! almost forgot, all this is obviously Barber's fault.

I would have to bow to your obvious experience in knowing the educational qualifications of the stewards. I have not employed them or do I know any of them to tell you if they are brighter or dimmer the you, again I would look at your reply, you state the overwhelming fact is that most people,
you have to say most and not all, because as I pointed out, being fat is not always related to what you eat, which still leaves a slim chance that his problem is not always eating pies.

D

Deleted member 18477

It's barbers fault they're fat pie eating fucks!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I would have to bow to your obvious experience in knowing the educational qualifications of the stewards. I have not employed them or do I know any of them to tell you if they are brighter or dimmer the you, again I would look at your reply, you state the overwhelming fact is that most people,
you have to say most and not all, because as I pointed out, being fat is not always related to what you eat, which still leaves a slim chance that his problem is not always eating pies.

:clap: I see what you did there! Seriously though, lighten up on this issue before it becomes a real weight on your mind.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
My neighbour has just had her car impounded for driving without insurance hence surpassing 12 points. Apparently Paul Barber neglected sending her a renewal reminder.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
So who do I blame for never being able to get a pie at half time ??? Barber or the steward tubby mctubbington ???

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
My house mate is a sensitive, boring moaning 60 year old trapped in a 20 year olds body... ffs barber

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Reading a few of your post today, and you seem to refer to the steward as fat in a derogatory way. In another post you Mention people doing their job right and the need to fire stewards if they do not. You point out that if you do not do your job properly that you would be fired. I would if any part of your job allows you to call people fat, just because they are overweight. I take you have had dealings with this steward, I would ask if its his people skills or yours that are lacking. He may not be good at his job, he may need retraining. But the the bloody hell has that got to do with his weight?

Ah, but I am a fat bastard myself, so I am allowed to say it. It's like black people and the N word. And if we're honest, if I said 'the steward with the brown hair', nobody would know who I was talking about.

Not really sure what my job has to do with anything, but if I did it badly then my employers would get rid of me. That's how it should be, so if there are stewards doing their jobs badly then the club should get rid if them and get some people in who will do it well. What's wrong with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here