Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Things available today that show how lazy we have all become

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I hate gardening.
Once you get too old and knackered to look after your garden I think you will find a gardener is the answer, having had multiple medical procedures (and another due) this year then I can safely say I have done bugger all except put some stuff in pots, but we have had a gardener and she has saved our garden.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One word. DISHWASHER. Time was, you'd go round somebody's house, they'd cook you a lovely meal, you'd offer to help wash up. If you were unlucky, they'd accept your offer. But honour was satisfied. Nowadays, you offer to help load the dishwasher. You'll be watched over like a hawk and passively-aggressively told that you're doing it all wrong. Which you clearly are, because nobody could be that anal shirley? Simple solution: block them forevermore from your social circle. Job done :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One word. DISHWASHER. Time was, you'd go round somebody's house, they'd cook you a lovely meal, you'd offer to help wash up. If you were unlucky, they'd accept your offer. But honour was satisfied. Nowadays, you offer to help load the dishwasher. You'll be watched over like a hawk and passively-aggressively told that you're doing it all wrong. Which you clearly are, because nobody could be that anal shirley? Simple solution: block them forevermore from your social circle. Job done :thumbsup:
I can’t load dishwashers properly…

‘Just get out of the way you’re doing it wrong’

I say points to knifes and forks should face down….. I just don’t know anymore

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
On some cruise lines, they send a bloody great flash merc to pick you up, load your bags, drive you to the airport/port, drop off your bags, next seen in your stateroom unpacked by your cabin steward/ butler, fully organised excursions, taken off the ship after your cruise and delivered in said merc to your home.

they even have a service to arrive a your house the day before, iron and pack your clothes etc, take the bags to the ship/airport and coming home, stick all your clothes through their laundry service and return them to your house, where they unpack for you.

marvellous scenes if you are an old bugger like me
Im to young for SAGA

Stumpy Tim

Once you get too old and knackered to look after your garden I think you will find a gardener is the answer, having had multiple medical procedures (and another due) this year then I can safely say I have done bugger all except put some stuff in pots, but we have had a gardener and she has saved our garden.
I'm not old and knackered, but I still refuse to do any gardening. It's so boring

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to do a lot of gardening. I got into massively it for a while. Growing my own veg, flowers and plants etc.

During lockdown I was out there one day and thought “wouldn’t it be much nicer to sit in the garden rather than toil away at it”.

So I downed tools and I now let the garden grow wild, I keep a nice tidy bit of at the back where I can sit and relax and I get a fella in once a year to strim most of it down to nothing so it can grow again.

I haven’t regretted that decision for a second and I much prefer a wild garden. Gardens are for chilling in.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

I used to do a lot of gardening. I got into massively it for a while. Growing my own veg, flowers and plants etc.

During lockdown I was out there one day and thought “wouldn’t it be much nicer to sit in the garden rather than toil away at it”.

So I downed tools and I now let the garden grow wild, I keep a nice tidy bit of at the back where I can sit and relax and I get a fella in once a year to strim most of it down to nothing so it can grow again.

I haven’t regretted that decision for a second and I much prefer a wild garden. Gardens are for chilling in.
Actually, we now have a corner of the garden that we let go wild. We threw some wild flower seeds down there and it's great. We get more butterflies, bees etc... the gardener looks after the rest.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We saw one in Hays window yesterday positioning cruise P&O on Oct to Caribbean and fly back 16 nights £999 balcony cabin !!
That is a decent price. We have done a P&O and didn’t like the food at all!

we are looking at Holland America. Barca to New York via canaries/ Azores/ West Indies/ Bermuda …..£4k including flights and 3 nights in Barca and 2 nights in NY...will miss a few games in November though 😊😊😊

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
That is a decent price. We have done a P&O and didn’t like the food at all!

we are looking at Holland America. Barca to New York via canaries/ Azores/ West Indies/ Bermuda …..£4k including flights and 3 nights in Barca and 2 nights in NY...will miss a few games in November though 😊😊😊
Done P&O a few times never had a problem with food either quality or quantity..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Done P&O a few times never had a problem with food either quality or quantity..

sometimes people are just unlucky. We tend to prefer US ships as the food in our opinion is so far better in quality and quantity.

last P&O cruise the last night, we had been through the menu during the week and didn’t like any of it, in the MDR and the only thing left was chicken curry…I asked the waiter what he thought, he disappeared off and brought back the curry with a bottle of Tabasco sauce…apologising for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here