Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 transfer windows since promotion and probably 1 premier league quality striker signed. And he’s a bit in and out. I wonder how many palace West Ham Leeds villa Southampton have signed in that time. Saints signed 2 in a week last summer when ings left. As good as we’ve been just imagine where we could be with 2 more strikers. Connolly for 2. 1/2 years ffs. Very rarely start with 2 but it feels like that’s due to being short rather than tactical reasons. It won’t be unlucky when Welbeck gets injured it will be negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t EVER give up the booing Doogie :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Im concerned we only really have 3 out and out strikers Maupay, welbeck, trossard i was hopeful of a striker to join and play now, am I alone in this?

Nope. There are 2 others, but don't worry, they hijack every thread and bore the t1ts off everyone else with their repetitive inane demands that Tony spunk £30m+ on a striker every single transfer window, which is easy to do as it's not their money.

Tony Bloom has led us so far astray in charge, I don't know how he can call himself a fan tbh.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
10 transfer windows since promotion and probably 1 premier league quality striker signed. And he’s a bit in and out. I wonder how many palace West Ham Leeds villa Southampton have signed in that time. Saints signed 2 in a week last summer when ings left. As good as we’ve been just imagine where we could be with 2 more strikers. Connolly for 2. 1/2 years ffs. Very rarely start with 2 but it feels like that’s due to being short rather than tactical reasons. It won’t be unlucky when Welbeck gets injured it will be negligent.

When you say Saints signed 2 premier league quality strikers in a week are you talking about Armstrong and Broja? If so, Broja is on loan so no thanks and Armstrong has 2 goals this season. If you want to be so mind bogglingly negative then at least think of a good example ffs

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Im concerned we only really have 3 out and out strikers Maupay, welbeck, trossard i was hopeful of a striker to join and play now, am I alone in this?
Striker you say. How about Joe Benn from the mighty Littlehampton. Only scored 55 so far this season, and he's been injured too!

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

is this pisstake? have you seen their strikers?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nope. There are 2 others, but don't worry, they hijack every thread and bore the t1ts off everyone else with their repetitive inane demands that Tony spunk £30m+ on a striker every single transfer window, which is easy to do as it's not their money.

Tony Bloom has led us so far astray in charge, I don't know how he can call himself a fan tbh.

forgive my ignorance, but who is the "other one"?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
When you say Saints signed 2 premier league quality strikers in a week are you talking about Armstrong and Broja? If so, Broja is on loan so no thanks and Armstrong has 2 goals this season. If you want to be so mind bogglingly negative then at least think of a good example ffs

[emoji3]. When was the last window that we ended it with stronger squad than we started it. ****ing pathetic when you look at what our rivals have done. Always likely as the club obviously feel we’re safe enough not to need anyone in. So comfortable in fact that they’ve taken it as a chance to reduce wage bill for 4th window in a row. Huge waste of a great opportunity to really push on.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
[emoji3]. When was the last window that we ended it with stronger squad than we started it. ****ing pathetic when you look at what our rivals have done. Always likely as the club obviously feel we’re safe enough not to need anyone in. So comfortable in fact that they’ve taken it as a chance to reduce wage bill for 4th window in a row. Huge waste of a great opportunity to really push on.

I really hope you’re trolling because the other option isn’t very good news for you. :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So who will then. it easy to criticise the club for not buying this so called guaranteed 15 goal half season striker but u offer no names that are in our budget.
It’s not my job to scout players worldwide. In the mean time we have a load of 1-1 draws to look forward to and pray Maupay stays fit.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

To remind you. Stop putting words in I assume my mouth. I never quoted a figure. Interesting that I am accused of insisting on a 50, 40, and now 30 million pounds striker when just not true. Get your facts straight or shut the **** up

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1488263320700260354[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But still - we’ve improved season upon season. So must be doing something right ?

Also if they can reduce the wage bill good for them. How else do you propose they reduce a £60M loss from last season ?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Hey, this thread is for idly passing the time making naff jokes whilst we wait for news. Surely there must be other places for the unhappy chorus line to vent?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To remind you. Stop putting words in I assume my mouth. I never quoted a figure. Interesting that I am accused of insisting on a 50, 40, and now 30 million pounds striker when just not true. Get your facts straight or shut the **** up

But a quick search shows you did imply £20 million and upwards quite recently:

On reflection, why do we need to waste north of £20m on a new striker, when the genius that is Potter can turn Locadia from an aspiring DJ into the Prem’s best finisher?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here