Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it’s more interesting that an Albion fan now thinks we should be competing with clubs like Spurs, moneybags relegation threatened Newcastle and moneybags car crash Everton. We are where we are because we DON’T follow their model imo and we don’t pay massive wages or transfer fees

Pompey tried that approach

Oooh bitchy bitchy Icy!

So what do you in your eminence see as the vision for the club? Is this the best we can hope for? Will we ever make the step up or is this now our ceiling? Do we hope these youngsters from all over the shop to keep that going?

I am curious as to your expectations. As a Huddersfield town fan obviously.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We still only score on average one goal a game, it’s obvious what position we need to strengthen in. From all the prospects we have signed and the best will in the world none are going to remedy the problem.

So who will then. it easy to criticise the club for not buying this so called guaranteed 15 goal half season striker but u offer no names that are in our budget.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oooh bitchy bitchy Icy!

So what do you in your eminence see as the vision for the club? Is this the best we can hope for? Will we ever make the step up or is this now our ceiling? Do we hope these youngsters from all over the shop to keep that going?

:lolol:

I’ve gone right off you with your Trossard agenda ::wink:

I see minimal improvements year on year until Potter leaves….then a nosedive :down:

TB will struggle to better the current manager imo

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
People ought to remember we signed Kacper Kozlowski earlier this month for £8m so it's not as though we haven't signed anyone. Likely to be a couple more for the back up too if Undav and Encisco sign. We are always going to be looking to buy the future Lamptey's of this world and can't see us splurging £20m anymore on 'ready made' players. It's just not the clubs style other than the odd one like Webster (but even he took a fair while to get established).

I'm all for our current approach based on our budgetary contraints. Prefer our slow but steady growing of the club rather than the likes of Villa or Saudi united just trying to buy a ready made team.

100% concur, this is why bloomy made potter accept that unusually long contract, it's all good

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It would be nice if we could just sign one player with proven 1st team experience, who we could immediately integrate into the senior squad, could hit the ground running, and make a difference this season, as opposed to our current model of simply gobbling up young talent with an eye for the future.

Totally agree. I can't wait until Welbeck, Cucurella, Lallana, Veltman, Moder, Mwepu etc... all make it thru the U23s and into the first team.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
9th in the Premier League on 01 February, WTF is going on? Everybody OUT

It’s embarrassing, get that cheque book out FFS

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oooh bitchy bitchy Icy!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think you have spent more time in Mile Oak than I did, and I'm Portslade born and bred ???

I think you have to face the fact that you are a soft southern Seagulls fan and have been for a long time, Dave. Yorkshire, Terriers ? PPPfffttt.... sorry :wink:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Im concerned we only really have 3 out and out strikers Maupay, welbeck, trossard i was hopeful of a striker to join and play now, am I alone in this?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's almost as if we have come to a point where people are struggling to argue against what we are actually doing in real life

That can't be right, can it :shrug:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Im concerned we only really have 3 out and out strikers Maupay, welbeck, trossard i was hopeful of a striker to join and play now, am I alone in this?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

10 transfer windows since promotion and probably 1 premier league quality striker signed. And he’s a bit in and out. I wonder how many palace West Ham Leeds villa Southampton have signed in that time. Saints signed 2 in a week last summer when ings left. As good as we’ve been just imagine where we could be with 2 more strikers. Connolly for 2. 1/2 years ffs. Very rarely start with 2 but it feels like that’s due to being short rather than tactical reasons. It won’t be unlucky when Welbeck gets injured it will be negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
@%1;
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think you have spent more time in Mile Oak than I did, and I'm Portslade born and bred ???

I think you have to face the fact that you are a soft southern Seagulls fan and have been for a long time, Dave. Yorkshire, Terriers ? PPPfffttt.... sorry :wink:

Damn. Rumbled

:rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Nah, he’s Huddersfield through and through, we are his second team :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here