Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It not a REAL 442 though, and Tex can absolutely play in a 4411

It looked a lot like a proper 442 to me on Friday largely, i know we wont do that all the time however.

Lingard can also play that role in a 4411. I rate Tex highly, just feel Lingard offers more versatility and does not lack in quality either.

Def seemed a normal 442 to me to Sir...!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm still halfway in this. We don't need to BUY a number 10 but we could certainly do with a loan while Harper gets fit and up to speed. His progression will be injury recovery, match fitness in DS, bench, 1st team. Don't understand why people pretend different. We're not rushing an experienced pro like Zamora back in, why would we do it with an injured teenager??

Maybe he's due back sooner than expected? Everyone said 2 months but things can change (yes, sometimes for the worse too!). Currently it's end of Sept, who's to say he won't fly in the DS from the off? He's young.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe he's due back sooner than expected? Everyone said 2 months but things can change (yes, sometimes for the worse too!). Currently it's end of Sept, who's to say he won't fly in the DS from the off? He's young.

A half season loan means you don't rush him back unnecessarily. If he's good enough then he'll displace who we get in anyway. If not we get a better player.

The consideration is budget of course. Wingers and centre backs are more important. But right now we don't have as many options as we'd like formation wise and if it is end of September then that's start of Nov before he's up to speed with English football.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A half season loan means you don't rush him back unnecessarily. If he's good enough then he'll displace who we get in anyway. If not we get a better player.

The consideration is budget of course. Wingers and centre backs are more important. But right now we don't have as many options as we'd like formation wise and if it is end of September then that's start of Nov before he's up to speed with English football.

Maybe, but I also think Stephens could fit in if Hughton REALLY needed that type of player for a match.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe, but I also think Stephens could fit in if Hughton REALLY needed that type of player for a match.

If you're looking for technical, creative luxury players in the current squad then Colunga's yer man. I reckon he's off though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How the views on Colunga have changed since it was rumoured he was surplus to requirements. IMHO he is not the answer even temporary. I would sooner see JFC, Ince or a DS player pushed in there if needed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOmost TE=Marshy;7028150]4 million for a 30yr old.... Really doesn't make sense unless you have pots of cash floating around[/QUOTE]
Most who post on here would jump at the chance to pay that and get GM back.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
German songs, or French songs ???

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
|: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt! :|...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports