Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Can you not understand why people are bored with you "pointing out the club's failure" every transfer window? Is there not a bit of you that can see how boring it gets when we still have about a month until the window shuts.

Ideally we'd have done business earlier but we have already made a couple of decent signings and maybe we have to accept that some business will be done late in the window when bigger clubs have completed their signings and players give up on signing for them or leave them.

Actually, I accept all of this. Just think strikers, and strikers alone, have to be lured differently. And you cannot play the softly softly approach we always go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
B.w.2

You should have this moan at the close of the window.

Doesn’t make sense now. Business is still being done in all clubs at all levels.

Fair enough. But, as I said, we have already made striker signing mistakes THIS window IMHO

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No, I don’t think so - using words like ‘shocking’ and ‘failure’ half way through the window, when you, like the rest of us, have very little clue whatsoever about what business we are trying to do, is completely unwarranted.

If you’d said you’re a bit worried, or nervous that we don’t appear to be close to a striker signing then fair enough. But ‘shocking’ and ‘failure’ ? Massively over-reacting, particularly when we did two fantastic bits of business early on, secured new contracts for Dunk and White etc.

Fair enough. I will try to tone it down. As an aside (only because we are focussed on strikers here), I agree the two early signings plus Dunky and White contract extensions are great pieces of business.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But, but, but...

If you ignore the player we have signed...
...and the player who have signed new contracts...
...and that there is a global pandemic that has cost the club about £30m to date and could double that over the next year

then clearly it has been a shocking failure

Bloom Out
Barber Ou
Sack the board
Potter Out

Tony Pulis’s Blue and White Army

Don’t put words in my mouth. And, BTW, the pandemic has affected everybody and all clubs...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why? Seriously?

Maybe because you are making assumptions about 'how well we are doing' in our search for a striker without knowing anything more than we do regarding who the club is targeting and at which stage any search for a striker is at.

That is, unless you have inside info.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maybe because you are making assumptions about 'how well we are doing' in our search for a striker without knowing anything more than we do regarding who the club is targeting and at which stage any search for a striker is at.

That is, unless you have inside info.

I have no inside info (unfortunately). I made a couple of points about why I think we have messed up so far. I stick by those.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fair enough. But, as I said, we have already made striker signing mistakes THIS window IMHO

How can you say or have any clue whatsoever that we have made any mistakes before the window has shut and the season has started?!

You can only be basing that on NSC and Twitter BS which is totally detached from reality. Your bed wetting is quite severe, how old are you?!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Wow the pitchforks are out for poor old BW2 tonight! They are just having their traditional venting about recruitment, it is all part of the fun, we are also overdue a post from someone else about Xmas stuff being on sale in shops already.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I have no inside info (unfortunately). I made a couple of points about why I think we have messed up so far. I stick by those.

It will be unthinkable surely that we go into this season with Maupay and Connolly as our sole strikers. I agree with you there. Got to think the club are confident they are strengthening here, but the track history leaves a little to be desired !! Maybe Gykores looks the business in training ? Still, I can't think that we won't buy one at least

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Veltman we had been tracking since Winstanly joined the club, Lallana Ashworth had been tapping him up for yonks. To convince a decent striker this is club for them takes some real doing. For a poster to come out and say the club have failed so far to land a striker needs to do some research on what goes on to bring a player in before making erratic assumptions.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Wow the pitchforks are out for poor old BW2 tonight! They are just having their traditional venting about recruitment, it is all part of the fun, we are also overdue a post from someone else about Xmas stuff being on sale in shops already.

The occasional post expressing his anxiety is ok, but spamming multiple threads goes beyond venting. It's derailing some decent debates.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How can you say or have any clue whatsoever that we have made any mistakes before the window has shut and the season has started?!

You can only be basing that on NSC and Twitter BS which is totally detached from reality. Your bed wetting is quite severe, how old are you?!

Based on knowing we wasted a lot of time and effort on Nunez and offed Muzza way too soon. Facts not BS. Grow up with the bed wetting comment BTW

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It will be unthinkable surely that we go into this season with Maupay and Connolly as our sole strikers. I agree with you there. Got to think the club are confident they are strengthening here, but the track history leaves a little to be desired !! Maybe Gykores looks the business in training ? Still, I can't think that we won't buy one at least

Yes I agree. And also think Gyokeres may be included in our 1st team squad to reduce the need to 1 striker

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Veltman we had been tracking since Winstanly joined the club, Lallana Ashworth had been tapping him up for yonks. To convince a decent striker this is club for them takes some real doing. For a poster to come out and say the club have failed so far to land a striker needs to do some research on what goes on to bring a player in before making erratic assumptions.

Kinda get your point but we have failed to land a striker, have we not? It's not a research lacking assumption that we failed to sign Nunez, right?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Hmmm. So you think our striker recruitment has been great over the last few Windows? Maopay good. Who else? Locadoa? Andone? Come on!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The occasional post expressing his anxiety is ok, but spamming multiple threads goes beyond venting. It's derailing some decent debates.

Whereas I see it as enhancing boring club biased BS posters ramblings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here