Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One right back in the whole club. Same 1-2 goal central midfield. 35 year old leading the line.

We've not improved the squad that finished 17th last year, one iota so far.
You haven't noticed our £15M new signing then? Do keep up at the back!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I am a little tired of [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]'s negative attitude. Trouble is, as things stand, I don't think he is far from wrong.

window still open, aways the same, over and over.....

could we not be patient, wait to see what happens, and then burst into tears

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
exciting!

Yep I’ll be excited even if we don’t sign anyone else but hang on to Dunk. I’d prefer to see some signings but I won’t be as disappointed as I would have been in previous seasons if we don’t.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep I’ll be excited even if we don’t sign anyone else but hang on to Dunk. I’d prefer to see some signings but I won’t be as disappointed as I would have been in previous seasons if we don’t.
Me too.

Potter, Alzate, Băluţă, Trossard, Locadia 2.0. All positives already.

Of course we need a couple more, and a longer term strategy to move the Booze Brothers out of the club....

...But I'll be happy as things stand.

Really enjoying the end of this window - exciting indeed.

:albion2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Me too.

Potter, Alzate, Băluţă, Trossard, Locadia 2.0. All positives already.

Of course we need a couple more, and a longer term strategy to move the Booze Brothers out of the club....

...But I'll be happy as things stand.

Really enjoying the end of this window - exciting indeed.

:albion2:

Errr, no... we need a new ST & RB/RWB... otherwise I fear we are heading down...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Errr, no... we need a new ST & RB/RWB... otherwise I fear we are heading down...
They would be nice - and I am sure we'll get a couple more - but if not I don't particularly think we are auto-doomed as things stand.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They would be nice - and I am sure we'll get a couple more - but if not I don't particularly think we are auto-doomed as things stand.

I didn't say definite, but I would say high probability of relegation...

We are not in L1 at Withdean... we are playing with the big boys, and it is highly unprofessional to enter a new season with 1 RB and, yes, a nbr of ST's, but with 'issues' of various types, including a brilliant but ageing one, who we have been over-reliant on for 2 seasons...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I am a little tired of [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]'s negative attitude. Trouble is, as things stand, I don't think he is far from wrong.

I'm surprised that there is anyone out there who isn't currently negative on the season ahead.
Could of course all change in the next few days.

Thought your point was that you were a big defender of Chris Hughton, but that's a damning indictment of the squad he finished up with

True that. Weren't his signings though, were they? So much so that he went back to the Championship team (plus Bernardo) in order to (just about) secure survival!
I think our boy Hughts did an exceptional job to keep us up twice with such a thin squad.

Just as Potter will have to put up with the random gambles that our boom or bust recruitment strategy will fire at him. He'd be doing exceptionally well to see us past 36 points this season too, imo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm surprised that there is anyone out there who isn't currently negative on the season ahead.
Could of course all change in the next few days.

At least we offed the overly negative Chris... :)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I didn't say definite, but I would say high probability of relegation...

We are not in L1 at Withdean... we are playing with the big boys, and it is highly unprofessional to enter a new season with 1 RB and, yes, a nbr of ST's, but with 'issues' of various types, including a brilliant but ageing one, who we have been over-reliant on for 2 seasons...

let me just check......oh yeah, still open

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
from the outside, nothing happens, and then it keeps on happening, and then all of a sudden it's done...

same as every year

OK, how about? Nobody signed to the positions that we need to get signings in... OK with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here