Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our midfield looks solid ..but how many will they tuck away? How many goals are going to come from the 2 wide men March and Lua Lua ..not many on past performances these are the areas that still need addressing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our midfield looks solid ..but how many will they tuck away? How many goals are going to come from the 2 wide men March and Lua Lua ..not many on past performances these are the areas that still need addressing

I hope March makes it through pre season without picking up another long term injury.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What have COG and Colunga done for us that says to you 'top 6'? We need to offload and replace them with first teamers IMHO...

Does anything say 'Top 6' to us? CH is at the start of a massive rebuilding programme, and while I'd love us to romp away to automatic promotion, realistically I will be well satisfied with top half his season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There are some players it is hard to see staying...... O'Grady for sure and Bruno, Chicksen, Greer, Colunga and LuaLua might be vulnerable. I could see us still bringing in another 5 by the time the dust has settled.

As it stands we have replaced Halford, Bennett, and Best but not Hughes or Texeira from last season and we still need a winger so that Baldock doesn't have to play there.......... Still a lot to do.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
David Lopez...?? Wants to come back. Reported by Brian Owen.

If I remember correctly SLopez didn't even feature in the second half of Oscar's season. His corners were either too long or too short, often losing our advantage, and was the most frustrating player for me. The only quality he provided that season was his cross for the Conway goal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Does anything say 'Top 6' to us? CH is at the start of a massive rebuilding programme, and while I'd love us to romp away to automatic promotion, realistically I will be well satisfied with top half his season.

Perhaps you should have a friendly word with the club's PR team then, since they are constantly banging on about another top 6 challenge this season...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps you should have a friendly word with the club's PR team then, since they are constantly banging on about another top 6 challenge this season...
They would say that, wouldn't they (they did last year too, after all).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We just cannot afford another season like last season. Hence why I think players like COG and Colunga will be offloaded.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We just cannot afford another season like last season. Hence why I think players like COG and Colunga will be offloaded.
They don't have to go anywhere.

Wanting them out and getting them out are 2 very different circumstances.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
True. But here's hoping.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's obviously a lot of them. Care to share?
Yes, you can find them in the argus archives, and seagulls.co.uk

Look for quotes where CH says he has to replace 5 loan players, and 3/4 others whose contracts were not renewed.

Maenpaa clearly doesn't fit into that, so 8/9 to be replaced - 3 already signed = 5/6 more coming in.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They'll be no singing today, its too wet and windy plus its not Tuesday.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Yes, you can find them in the argus archives, and seagulls.co.uk

Look for quotes where CH says he has to replace 5 loan players, and 3/4 others whose contracts were not renewed.

Maenpaa clearly doesn't fit into that, so 8/9 to be replaced - 3 already signed = 5/6 more coming in.

Think you forgot about the players that have been promoted from the U21's and March and Crofts back, think no more than 2 or 3 in my opinion, happy to be wrong though, but a forward, creative winger or midfielder and defender should do it to make a very competitive squad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Plenty of behind doors negotiation done and agreements made back home last week while team and CH were in France. Signings to be formalised today with usual 7pm announcement.

Probably.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They'll be no singing today, its too wet and windy plus its not Tuesday.

This gives me great hope of a signing tonight....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here