Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is no Tory party anymore

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the clue is in the word European surely its just our courts upholding the ECHR edict

But you didn't say the ECHR. You said in response to the question about the EU "same we are not obliged to send Abu Qatada back home". As you now admit, it has nothing to do with EU, so why bring up Abu Qatada on a question about the EU?

That's exactly what I mean about the way that the EU is used as an excuse for anything people disagree with. Lord knows the EU does plenty for people to get angry about, I don't why there's a reason to invent other reasons to slag the institution off.

If you live in the country, foxes are really a big problem. They are not all like Bazil Brush, they are more like Roland the Rat!
They're hardly a problem out where I live (surrounded by fields, nearest village two miles away, domestic chickens happily clucking away in the neighbours' gardens). In fact, we rarely see foxes out our way - although I came face to face with a young 'un one while walking the dog at the weekend. I see far more foxes at my workplace in Lewes Road, Brighton, and around Moulsecoomb station.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
They're hardly a problem out where I live (surrounded by fields, nearest village two miles away, domestic chickens happily clucking away in the neighbours' gardens). In fact, we rarely see foxes out our way - although I came face to face with a young 'un one while walking the dog at the weekend. I see far more foxes at my workplace in Lewes Road, Brighton, and around Moulsecoomb station.

It is strange that isn't it? I do not know why we get the problem around here (on the outskirts of a small village), but we certainly do. We are close to a big hunt. Maybe they have been introducing foxes to the area over the last couple of hundred years, and now that have been stopped, the foxes have got out of control without the hunt killing them regularly or sufficient wildlife to eat? Whatever the reason, I know it to be a problem, and have seen the chicken feathers in our paddock on several occasions. I have seen some foxes, but they tend to keep away from people, unlike those in towns that do not give a damn about people.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The depressing thing about our politics is that the 'radical' fringes on both left and right actually consist of deeply conservative old fossils fighting ancient battles fuelled by tired old ideas cribbed from books about Waterloo or Wapping.

Spot on mate, the old 'school-tie' duffers, and the creaking old labour trade unionists,... if ever there was a time for these extremes to be put to pasture, now is the time for sure.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But you didn't say the ECHR. You said in response to the question about the EU "same we are not obliged to send Abu Qatada back home". As you now admit, it has nothing to do with EU, so why bring up Abu Qatada on a question about the EU?

That's exactly what I mean about the way that the EU is used as an excuse for anything people disagree with. Lord knows the EU does plenty for people to get angry about, I don't why there's a reason to invent other reasons to slag the institution off.

OK lets change that then to the authorities that are European based
I will say at this point that I was always a committed European right from the Ted Heath days but just lately they have been intolerable with their laws and rules now whether this is because they have it in for this government or just generally the British people I don't know.
its the same with the USA they seem to think just like the Europeans that they dictate our policy.

I just wish we had a politician of any colour that would push their way through the crowd and stand up to other states, countries,people that think they can take us for a ride.
maybe if there were such a person they might put that seditious b*****d on a plane to live as their neighbour in their country and make it their problem

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Double whammy.....what about the Gay foxhunters......

They'll be alright, don't worry about them.

imagesCAKBVE14.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here