Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Wrestling Thread

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone watching the wrestlers on Netflix ? About ovw al snow comes across as a complete legend
Yes been watching that. Enjoying it. Good insight into this kind of thing, even if at a low level, and the doc is well constructed following each persons story. Think ive got the final episode or two still to watch.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Yes been watching that. Enjoying it. Good insight into this kind of thing, even if at a low level, and the doc is well constructed following each persons story. Think ive got the final episode or two still to watch.
For me every story is told well I disliked the radio dj owner but after seeing his seizure and story turns into a star

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone watching Payback tonight>

Very much one of the B Shows, but the potential for a couple of cool moments if rumours (Cargill and/or Carlito) are to be believed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Couple of matches in and I'm wondering if it's a wrestling show or a pizza hut advert.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just finished watching. Triple H does like to do the 'copyright logo is up so the show must be over... surprise!' spot. And I'm here for it. Every time. Generally fun event. Not sure there were any blowaway matches, but generally fine. The sponsor spots are what they are, and we'll probably not get rid of them for a while, but I did enjoy Pretty Deadly calling them crisps.

Good to see R-Truth back.

Randy looked bigger, and I don't know if that made him slower or the back surgery, and I'm expecting him to not be as mobile as before. We'll see a different Randy, like when Austin came back from his broken neck.

Fun to see Punk come back, interesting that there was no clear feud being set up for him. I've not looked at the wrestling news sites yet to see if there is a 'this was just a one-off appearance to pop the crowd and get people talking' reports out there. Will be fun to catch up with the news, having seen so many write it off as a possiblity over recent weeks, only to start equivocating later this week, and cover themselves so they can say they were right whther he showed on not.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
PWInsider (one of the few sources I trust) are reporting Punk has signed a multi-year deal (no specific number given), that it all came together quite late this week. So, not just a one off. He's expected to be at raw.

Seth Rollins is either really not happy as previous comments would indicate, or is continuing to work and lay the groundwork for potential money making feud:

Drew McIntyre is reported to have stormed backstage after his match, slamming his locker and leaving the arena. No word on why (including whether it was related to Punk's return or not).

Last edited:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Hear me out.

Rock beats Roman Reigns at Mania as a roman finally falls to the final boss, solo turns to protect Roman
CM Punk beats The Rock at backlash to avenge the royal rumble and give the rock an out after a one month run
Then Cody defeats Punk at summerslam in a bitter feud with throwbacks to AEW to finish his story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here