Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst violence you have witnessed at a Brighton game ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Saw two 1901'ers get very toe to toe arguing over who should have the last mini bottle of Pinoy Grigiot against Palace at home.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chelsea '83 in division 2 was carnage. We had just been relegated, had not played them for some time so they turned up on Friday night and trashed the place. OB locked loads of them in the underpass at bottom of West Street.

The club gave them the whole of the chicken run, but they infiltrated the North too. Chris Hutchins was sub for them and was running along the touch line geeing them up. What saved us from a total wipeout was a spineless Albion display and a 2-1 defeat.

The most scared I have been was Elland Road 81-2. It was their last home game of the season, they needed to win to have any chance of staying up, and Michael Robinson scored in front of the Kop and ran to them giving them the thumbs down sign.

The rest of the match they ignored what was happening on the pitch and made it clear we were dead. Luckily they scored twice in injury time, West Yorkshire OB had said they could not guarantee us safe passage back to the station. One of them tried to have a pop at Jimmy Case as he got on the coach after the match, but had picked on the wrong man as Jimmy knew how to look after himself.

Chelsea '83 in division 2 was carnage. We had just been relegated, had not played them for some time so they turned up on Friday night and trashed the place. OB locked loads of them in the underpass at bottom of West Street.

The club gave them the whole of the chicken run, but they infiltrated the North too. Chris Hutchins was sub for them and was running along the touch line geeing them up. What saved us from a total wipeout was a spineless Albion display and a 2-1 defeat.

The most scared I have been was Elland Road 81-2. It was their last home game of the season, they needed to win to have any chance of staying up, and Michael Robinson scored in front of the Kop and ran to them giving them the thumbs down sign.

The rest of the match they ignored what was happening on the pitch and made it clear we were dead. Luckily they scored twice in injury time, West Yorkshire OB had said they could not guarantee us safe passage back to the station. One of them tried to have a pop at Jimmy Case as he got on the coach after the match, but had picked on the wrong man as Jimmy knew how to look after himself.

friday night 13 chelsea stabbed petrol bombs in circulation,not all chelsea:moo:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thank heavens for the bosun boys ... if memory serves me right the south stand was never taken

My dad was a bosun boy back then. He's told me some great stories over the years. That's him on the left of my picture if anyone recognises him.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
those Gooners keep popping up ! anyone in the east terrace when we got coined by them ?, mate got picked out and after the game called it on with them at the Bell ,they were in the Q/H, bad move :down:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAYQ33TQ.jpg Shocking.

AndSmithMustScore

Feb 6, 2012
Horsham
Sheffield United.............last game of the season at The Goldstone (can't remember which season).............it was a running pitch battle backwards and forwards with Sheffield finally scampering over the fence back in to the north-east stand!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
lancing and heath lads might have helped out too?
At half time 6/7 lads left the terrace walked along seats behind the west ham, ran down the seats jumped out of them on top of west ham in the terracing.
You know who you are chaps! WEST HAM THOUGHT IT WAS A WELL GOOD MOVE???

yep your correct lancing crabtree,well represented alike a lot of games in the 70s/80s

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I can remember seeing someone swinging a putter from the crazy golf at someone as well as someone getting nearly run over by a taxi.

this went on for a full 20 mins ,pretty lively all weekend to be fair

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
leeds 86/87, meyhem in west street fri and sat night running battles in the multistory carpark (OLDONE),behind the grand ,mental off outside the meteropolitan on the sat early doors,leeds had massive numbers that weekend(best ive seen apart from a few cardiffs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here