Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The whole thing still stinks!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The Pozzo family and or chairman is the first of the 3 chairman I think will get over and ignore FFP. Only Forest Leeds and possibly Leicester to go

Watford will not go over FFP, they've got very little outlay. It may be cheating in all but name but at the moment its legal. Multi club ownership is distorting Watfords ability to sign better quality players to the detriment of every other club in the division. Forest and Leicester are a total different situation in as much as they will throw money at promotion and take the subsequent fine not slyly circumnavigate the rules like Watford. As for Leeds, where have they shown any sign of exceeding FFP? They've only paid for 1 player.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So if you say eff off to FFP and take the hit of a transfer embargo, does that mean you can still get people on loan?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
out of the 3 clubs they own, Watford has the biggest prize at the end hence why all the best players go there and not the others, but no cost. Clever, but massive cheating in my eyes. The league need to look at it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So if you say eff off to FFP and take the hit of a transfer embargo, does that mean you can still get people on loan?

There have been statements about transfer embargoes but again Watford won't be touched by that because they shouldn't over spend on players!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There have been statements about transfer embargoes but again Watford won't be touched by that because they shouldn't over spend on players!

No I was referring to us really.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
No I was referring to us really.

Then same applies in theory we would be hit with a transfer embargo but i think this only comes into affect in 2 years time, when clubs have been adjudge enough time to get their house's in order.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The one flaw in the Pozzos' cunning plan is the presence of a previously lumbering lower league journeyman striker who only got out of prison less than a year ago & has suddenly turned into a goal scoring genius.

Bizarre.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The one flaw in the Pozzos' cunning plan is the presence of a previously lumbering lower league journeyman striker who only got out of prison less than a year ago & has suddenly turned into a goal scoring genius.

Bizarre.

Give a donkey enough carrots and he's bound to eat a few.

aefevans

May 15, 2013

Bizarre.

You referring to Troy Deeney? Because he'd only been at one club prior to Watford. Just saying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In effect Granada have paid out the transfer fee and associated costs , they will pay the portion of the blokes wages which exceed what goes through the books at Watford as loan payments. If Watford get promoted they sign the player permanently and re-imburse Granada or if they don't go up they'll acquire him for a £1 to avoid paying the true market value.

Can't Bloom buy a Spanish club while they're broke over there?

It wouldn't be the first time the Albion have tried to buy a Spanish club. Bamber tried to buy La Manga FC in the late 70s/early 80s.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I believe Man City were paying about 80k per week of Wayne Bridge's wages when he was here- is that not acceptable under FFP now?

Perfectly acceptable, both technically and within the spirit of rules. The big difference is that any club was free to make that deal with Man City and Wayne Bridge, I doubt Man City cared where he went, but no club other than Watford would have been able to recruit the players they have for the prices they have.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You referring to Troy Deeney? Because he'd only been at one club prior to Watford. Just saying.

Yeah. Walsall, I think? But he never pulled up any trees there, certainly never looked to have the makings of a Championship striker.

Perhaps prison made him grow up a bit.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Udinese B are now on equal footing with the chrystals as my most hated football club.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Only after Gibraltar is handed back

Spain.jpg

Or NOT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here