Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The whole thing still stinks!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if you say eff off to FFP and take the hit of a transfer embargo, does that mean you can still get people on loan?

There have been statements about transfer embargoes but again Watford won't be touched by that because they shouldn't over spend on players!

No I was referring to us really.

Following on from that what if, in a hypothetical situation possibly, you ignored FFP and bought players that were young and you considered them good enough to get you up into the Premier and then be able to keep you there for a couple of years. A transfer embargo couldnt be put in place for more than probably 1 season by which time you have reaped the £30m+ that is the prize, plus the additional income from just being in Premier like TV rights etc.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I think the op is referring to the fact he signed up for Granada ( who pick up the tab ) then is loaned straight to Watford at what one would assume a cheaper rate. Therefore Granada pick up most of the fees, Watford get a player at a fraction of the price, circumnavigating FFP.

If that is the case it's not FFP

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This has happened. I was surprised he didn't go back to Wudinese

I was surprised by this one as well! Maybe they thought they could raise the players value by letting him play in the Prem. If it doesn't work send him back to Watindese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here