Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The whole guard of honour/saints saga...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite. I currently live with a Saints fan who still maintains that our failing to maintain such a big points gap after winning the league was the reason we didn't "push on" like them and challenge for the Championship title the following season. Never mind the fact that Saints essentially had Premiership players in League 1. Need to let it go. Can't. Argh

Yeah can't believe that I actually felt sorry for Adkins when he got the boot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't care then and I have found it next to impossible to ever get worked up about the Southampton guard of honour saga.

Southampton were coming here for what was sure to be a hotly contested game which they had to win. I can fully understand why their manager would not want their players all fired up, coming out onto the pitch, and then submissively clapping their opponents on.

Does it REALLY matter or were Albion fans just looking for someone to hate in the absence of Palace...

I doubt that anyone hated them, but the OP asked a question and within one post, kevtherev made up complete nonsense which has kept the thread going.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I doubt that anyone hated them, but the OP asked a question and within one post, kevtherev made up complete nonsense which has kept the thread going.

It's not complete nonsense, the voices in Kev's head told him it was true, it was true, it was true....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here