Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The whole guard of honour/saints saga...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You would have to ask him that..He is a law unto himself.

You really don't like Gus do you? This situation at the moment must e tearing at your very soul.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This new FACT from kevtherev is simply untrue. Adkins himself stated very clearly in interviews at the time that he didn't do it because they needed the win and he didn't want his team's focus distracted.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Really?...you a manager now then are you?.Whatever the circumstances Poyet didn't want it.But hey ho no one will believe that either...Think im guuna give up on here people are so blinkered and refuse to believe anything even slightly anti Poyet..You can all fester in your own blind love..Just hope you don't cry to much in a few weeks time.

Horse shit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really?...you a manager now then are you?.Whatever the circumstances Poyet didn't want it.But hey ho no one will believe that either...Think im guuna give up on here people are so blinkered and refuse to believe anything even slightly anti Poyet..You can all fester in your own blind love..Just hope you don't cry to much in a few weeks time.

Given the competition I consider this a very worthy effort in the "dumbest post of the season contest", good effort. :)

Jimmy Grimble

This new FACT from kevtherev is simply untrue. Adkins himself stated very clearly in interviews at the time that he didn't do it because they needed the win and he didn't want his team's focus distracted.

It really is ridiculous. No wonder he doesn't like Poyet when he's actually making stuff up to suit his agenda.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Not much to chat about this week eh?

Because I got a warning for being unfriendly-like to a poster who since & soon got a lifeban from NSC, I'll just say: "great stuff from kevtherev, but untrue stuff. Naughty kev, and quite irreverent"

:lolol:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Indeed.

POYET EATS BABIES.

Shit, what a horrible man. I don't like him now, either.

I knew there was something funny about him, his eyes are too close together.

We would not have had a baby eating manager if DEAN WILKINS (SWOON!!!!) was still in charge. In fact we would be looking forward to the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, as he would of got us promoted like a few years ago, and I would be booking a flight to Costa Del Barcelona after we (instead of Bayern) had dicked them 4-0 in the first leg (Savage, Johnny Dixon (2), Messi o.g.).

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Hahahahahaha. It's killing you we made the playoffs isn't?

You won't be missed from here, so adios.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's called selective memory. It's because we love to be righteous about things.

We attack the Doncaster chairman for trying to score points over Dunk's tackle on Billy Sharp two years on, but don't mind bringing up some 'guard of honour' incident two years on.

We attack Spurs and Southampton for 'fixing' the outcome of the 1977/78 game between the two, but overlook similar happenings between us and Rochdale on the last day of the 1971/72 season.

Although obviously no different saying it on national tv after uve just got promoted and saying it on a fans forum in one thread, of course.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Exactly. Which in itself is utterly ridiculous and he was a complete **** that season who was v bitter about us. Yet a lot of BHA on here were big enough to say they felt a bit sorry for him losing his job this season for little reason...

I knew there was something funny about him, his eyes are too close together.

We would not have had a baby eating manager if DEAN WILKINS (SWOON!!!!) was still in charge. In fact we would be looking forward to the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, as he would of got us promoted like a few years ago, and I would be booking a flight to Costa Del Barcelona after we (instead of Bayern) had dicked them 4-0 in the first leg (Savage, Johnny Dixon (2), Messi o.g.).

:):):)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Kevtherev in making up absolute bullshit to suit anti-Poyet agenda, presenting said bullshit as FACT and claiming everyone else is blind to what only he as wise footballing sage can see SHOCKER. The latest episode is brought to you by Jif Lemon. "Making even the sweetest things bitter."

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

Not doing it is bad enough, but then attempting to justify the decision with a flimsy excuse like that is rather pathetic. They really didn't like finishing second did they?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think im guuna give up on here people are so blinkered and refuse to believe anything even slightly anti Poyet.

Thank **** for that. We can go back to enjoying one of the best seasons in BHA's history, under a SUPERB manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They really didn't like finishing second did they?

About as much as Chesterfield did. Our successes really do bring out the worst in rival clubs of the moment. Reading and Cardiff weren't much better.

If we manage to make the EPL I expect some more antagonism, probably from Parish this time

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
About as much as Chesterfield did. Our successes really do bring put the worst in rival clubs of the moment.

Quite. I currently live with a Saints fan who still maintains that our failing to maintain such a big points gap after winning the league was the reason we didn't "push on" like them and challenge for the Championship title the following season. Never mind the fact that Saints essentially had Premiership players in League 1. Need to let it go. Can't. Argh

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We attack Spurs and Southampton for 'fixing' the outcome of the 1977/78 game between the two, but overlook similar happenings between us and Rochdale on the last day of the 1971/72 season.

Wasn't fixed at all ... :rolleyes:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I didn't care then and I have found it next to impossible to ever get worked up about the Southampton guard of honour saga.

Southampton were coming here for what was sure to be a hotly contested game which they had to win. I can fully understand why their manager would not want their players all fired up, coming out onto the pitch, and then submissively clapping their opponents on.

Does it REALLY matter or were Albion fans just looking for someone to hate in the absence of Palace...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here