Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its a hint under 30C in the shade in my back patio....going to be a hot night..

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
37C in Peterborough today and horrible. I have a portable air conditioner in my study which kept it OK, but noisy. Rest of house like an oven. Forecast 40C tomorrow. This weather can do one.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s superb in my garden tonight….. the birds are doing some top class arguing and it’s very entertaining…. Mind you Ive had a beer and a cheeky blunt

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s superb in my garden tonight….. the birds are doing some top class arguing and it’s very entertaining…. Mind you Ive had a beer and a cheeky blunt

Sat in the garden too….on the lash all weekend though at the T20 so having a couple of days off :lolol:
Birds still very active, bats have just started flitting about and it’s a nice 23 degrees. Might sleep out here

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Was 31° in Peacehaven when I put the kids to bed at 7pm, cooled to a positively chilly 27° now. Apparently there is a 50% chance of rain at 7pm tomorrow, if that's the case I'm outside doing a naked dance.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sitting out in the garden in 28c, which after the furnace-like 38+ of earlier today feels like bliss. I’m pretty isolated where I am and there is a near total silence and stillness. Bliss. Can’t even hear any combine harvesters running tonight and they’ve been going non-stop for about the past week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now dropped to 29 in doors. Warmer outside.

Had a monumental swim at Herne Bay this afternoon. I was about to leave when I thought, sod it, let's do all that again :lolol:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was 31° in Peacehaven when I put the kids to bed at 7pm, cooled to a positively chilly 27° now. Apparently there is a 50% chance of rain at 7pm tomorrow, if that's the case I'm outside doing a naked dance.

Possibility of a shower in Shoreham at 5pm and into the evening…quite looking forward to standing outside in a bit of warm rain

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
29.7c indoors with 37% humidity.

It's a bit warm.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think tomorrow we go to our summer quilt …….. don’t ****ing ask…

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It was about 20 degrees when I left for work at 8 am and it rained for a minute or two . . . Literally a cloud over me!

Lovely right now in the garden. Icy cider after a 30 minute swim in the sea seems to have chilled me just right.

Low/mid 20's indoors, Mrs Zef knows how to keep cool.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
It's a lovely Mediterranean 23° here at the marina in Eastbourne. 30° earlier and a gentle sea breeze. One thing really surprised me: the view across to Hastings was as clear as a bell rather than the usual haze, if anybody can explain that would be splendid It's been a lovely day

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have the people of Manchester taken their coats off yet?

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It was about 20 degrees when I left for work at 8 am and it rained for a minute or two . . . Literally a cloud over me!

Lovely right now in the garden. Icy cider after a 30 minute swim in the sea seems to have chilled me just right.

Low/mid 20's indoors, Mrs Zef knows how to keep cool.

I spent about 2 hours in the sea at high tide this afternoon. Been swimming most high tides since the end of May when not clashing with work.

It's helped, but two weeks annual leave since last week has helped even more.

I dread to think what state I'd be in otherwise. Me and hot weather isn't a good combination. Never been abroad for the sun and generally despise the Summer months unless we get a good Summer of plenty of rain and cooler weather.

27.8c indoors here at the mo. Not pleasant. Gutted I don't have a big enough garden to sleep in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
25 degrees outside in Queen's Park. My ghetto blaster of a fan keeping a beautiful, and tad strong, cooling breeze inside.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I spent about 2 hours in the sea at high tide this afternoon. Been swimming most high tides since the end of May when not clashing with work.

It's helped, but two weeks annual leave since last week has helped even more.

I dread to think what state I'd be in otherwise. Me and hot weather isn't a good combination. Never been abroad for the sun and generally despise the Summer months unless we get a good Summer of plenty of rain and cooler weather.

27.8c indoors here at the mo. Not pleasant. Gutted I don't have a big enough garden to sleep in.

You've posted a lot of knowledgeable stuff on Reggae that I always thought of you as a sun worshipper. :lol:

Mind you, I'm a techno and indie lover who's lived in Taipei, Sydney and Tokyo and spent months on end in India and loved it. When I've not been working today I've either been at the beach, walking or in the garden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here