[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
A147AD4C-5794-482B-AE16-5538238D274B.jpeg

Back to Blighty tomorrow for a cool down.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ran at 6am 18C, home by 7am and 22C. Now it’s 31C. I’m in Balcombe. Making the most of a little gap in between endless Teams calls (when did life get like this?), it’s flipping glorious in the shade in the garden, I don’t know what all the moaning is about.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I bet it broke months ago and you thought "nah feck it, it's only any good for a few days a year, I'll leave it for the moment" ? :wink:

It did indeed fail a couple of months ago.

My local mechanic couldn't find a problem with it and re-gassed it... fixed!

For 2 weeks.

The Mrs insisted I book it in with the main dealer. No availability for 3 weeks, so made do with no AC for a bit...

They couldn't find a leak either, or any problem with the compressor, so re-gassed it with special gas with dye in it to show up any leak, if it happened again... fixed!

For 2 weeks.

No availability to book it back in for 3 weeks again! Then we get a heatwave of biblical proportions. MARVELLOUS.

So in answer to your question... yes and NO! :p

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Now we've lost the cloud it's 29.6c here and rising

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
22° in Kungälv, bit cloudy, looks like it will be raining. Shittiest summer for years over here. If you feel it is a bit warm down in England, feel free to blow some hot air in our direction.

Hmm, just read that it will be coming our way on Thursday. Nice.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
33c on the Suffolk coast ,lovely southerly breeze blowing which is keeping it bearable

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
29 degrees indoors, with a nice breeze. 32 in the shade outside ............... and 43 in the full glare of the sun!

Incidentally, does anyone (apart from some pr@t who thinks he's being clever and funny - he's wrong) know the keyboard shortcut for that little circle thing that's the symbol for degrees? Be nice to have it.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
29 degrees indoors, with a nice breeze. 32 in the shade outside ............... and 43 in the full glare of the sun!

Incidentally, does anyone (apart from some pr@t who thinks he's being clever and funny - he's wrong) know the keyboard shortcut for that little circle thing that's the symbol for degrees? Be nice to have it.

Alt + 0176

On a Mac it is Option+0 (the zero at the top of the keyboard with the ) on it as well.
On iPhone/iPad tap and hold on the zero and the º comes up as an option.

No idea on PC/Android I'm afraid.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
22c here in Veryan, south Cornwall. Just finished a six mile walk and are cooling off in the shade, with a pleasant breeze.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports