Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just picked up Mrs Jakarta from St.Mary's Storrington (been doing Church Flowers) - 36 on way back to Jakarta Towers...

Clothes off, into spare bedroom (curtains drawn obvs) with a large tumbler of ice water, don't want to see the world until this evening!

We know what you're doing......... :sheep:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
20220812_141101.jpg

31° in Lidl car park by Hove Park. Beautiful breeze running through the camper and sun screen on windscreen. Can't wait for the trip in it to Croatia.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Just checked the thermostat and apparently it's 33.5° in the shade on the North facing wall outside and 28.5° in the hallway over in Peacehaven. Managed to sleep surprisingly well after my night turn last night, just about to head out and run some errands.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In the good old days of cassette tapes in cars, I once had to park in full scorching sun for a whole day and left a tape in the player. The plastic cassette heated up to such an extent that it went soft, deformed and bent in the player so I couldn't get it out. Cost me nearly £100 for a new player when £100 was expensive.

I also had to drive 50 miles home pre-air conditioning. It was a bit warm.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
On the edges of Lewes, working from home with the windows closed because of building noise outside. Room temperature currently hovering somewhere around crematorium levels.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
You SWINE

PdC in Mexico is pretty much my favourite place on the planet. Stayed in the Riu Tequila there for our honeymoon. If I had a Tardis, I would swap with you in an instant.
[emoji16] no chance, I understand your love for the place.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Just been for lunch by the Thames at Kingston, was really pleasant. The difference from the June heatwave seems to be the wind direction, as it's predominantly from the eastthisntime round. The heat seems to be a dry heat, rather than that muggy, energy sapping humid heat from the south/southwest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
40 near Orange, France

Couple of days ago but this was In the shade in SW France. Not great much as I love the heat

Bugger the photo of the thermostat won’t upload. It showed 41

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just been for lunch by the Thames at Kingston, was really pleasant. The difference from the June heatwave seems to be the wind direction, as it's predominantly from the eastthisntime round. The heat seems to be a dry heat, rather than that muggy, energy sapping humid heat from the south/southwest.

July?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I am going to treat myself to some/lots of whisky so I sleep well before the big match!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here