Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The what’s the temperature or heat feel where you are at the moment thread

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Currently 84.9F at my desk - or 29.4C in that new fangled Celsius. That's with a fan going too.

That reminds me - we used to call it centigrade when I was young, then it was called celsius. Why/when did it change? Or is it something that was a peculiarly Dolphins thing? I do remember it being used on weather forecasts...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe it's learned behaviour? Last time heatwave hit us like a truck. This time round, there's little shame involved in staying in with the curtains closed, beers in and Netflix on.

Glad I had me swim in the sea yesterday, before beating a retreat to the West Quay. Would have been WAY more of a struggle today :cool:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WFH today and sweating my bollox off. Almost wish I was in my nice cool air conditioned office, although that would involve enduring sauna like conditions on the underground.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m just back from Turkey and it was about 40° but there was no respite, no breeze, no drop in temperature at night, not in the shade, air conditioning had little effect. Inland BN10 bloody ‘ot but there’s a breeze cliff top. Still, no work til Monday so can’t grumble

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
33.5 degrees here in SO53 this lunchtime (20 degrees in the office, though, as we have cracked and put on the aircon)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
32 here in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico,32 tomorrow and the day after, etc but plenty of rain and 90% humidity.

Enjoy the dry :)

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
32 here in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico,32 tomorrow and the day after, etc but plenty of rain and 90% humidity.

Enjoy the dry :)

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

You SWINE

PdC in Mexico is pretty much my favourite place on the planet. Stayed in the Riu Tequila there for our honeymoon. If I had a Tardis, I would swap with you in an instant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was a tad warm yesterday …armed with a good flask containing an ice cold drink and a bottle of water/one flannel for the old back of the neck treatment ..plus another flannel for drippy forearms and away we went …end of day treat ..one of those iced frappe things from macdonalds

The MO forecast is for a change in wind direct on Monday and cooler by Wednesday….plus something called rain..what’s that?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Summer in British Columbia has been rather pleasant this year. It's barely risen above 30 degrees in Vancouver. It's 31 next Wednesday but was a lovely 24 today.

Last summer was unbearable. It reached 46 degrees in the city, during a heatwave that went on for almost 10 days. 49.9 just inland from here where an entire town was lost due to forest fires.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pushing 29 here (82 in real money). Isn't there some sort of 'battery' - or heat retaining unit - that could store this up? I reckon I've absorbed at least enough heat for a couple of months of the winter!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Although the thermometer says not, it actually feels hotter up here today than when we had the previous heatwave.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just picked up Mrs Jakarta from St.Mary's Storrington (been doing Church Flowers) - 36 on way back to Jakarta Towers...

Clothes off, into spare bedroom (curtains drawn obvs) with a large tumbler of ice water, don't want to see the world until this evening!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
26.6 c in the coolest part of the house, but if you go outside in the sum you can feel it burning.

Upstairs will be like a furnace tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here