Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The weekly Hyypia IN or OUT Poll

Hyypia, In or Out

• Total voters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
From perusing upthread, I believe this is prima facie evidence that you're a Palace fan...:wink:

So I've discovered, this evening. :down:

When I go to bed tonight, I'll be wearing my oldest Brighton shirt and pray that in the morning I am ready to polish my pitchfork and join the masses at the Amex demanding blood. Either that, or I'll get banner writing. But that's enough from me on this matter, until Friday when I'm likely to be quoted en masse.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No, and I wish it wasn't required. We all remember the mess we got into in 2008/2009, a team full of loanees which nearly got us relegated into League 2. The contrast between that season and this is concerning, Sami this time and Micky Adams back then, have lost NSC. The players we have brought in on loan are good players, but ultimately, we're just playing catch up for a poor summer transfer window. I wonder if the club privately have accepted the business done wasn't good enough, and are prepared to let Sami have the January window to mould a squad that he wants. If at the end of February, we have seen no improvement then Sami has had reasonable time and has had reasonable resources to make a better fist of the job.

Can we wait that long? Debatable, and it's fairly obvious what the majority on here think. Personally, I suspect Bloom and the board would prefer not to sack Sami Hyypia and I support that, but one thing everyone can agree on is that he needs a result on Friday.

I agree completely about a poor transfer window but, even accepting that, Hyypia has not made the most of his resources. I honestly don't think with a decent manager we'd be bottom three, probably mid table instead.

I rarely call for a manager to be sacked but I've wavered since Rotherham dominated us in the second half at the Amex and am now very much of the view he has to go. The team he picked yesterday was completely clueless and Fulham wasn't much better. If you're going to have two central midfielders (and yesterday that was a stupid decision anyway), you must have one or both of Ince and Holla.

My other concern is what's happened to some of our summer signings. Texeira, McCourt and Holla all looked good when they first came in but they've dropped out of contention. Have they all just lost form or are they being used poorly?

I don't think Bloom will sack Hyypia this week. However, I think he may be leaving it too late. February would be far too late. When Slade kept us up in the Adams season, we did it by bringing in six loan players. We don't want to do that now and rely on it. Far better off getting a new manager now and giving them a chance to assess the squad before the January transfer window.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
If Sami was called Jimmy Smith and we'd brought him in from say Dagenham & Redbridge and had a run like this he'd have been gone ages ago. Bloom and those calling to give him time in the belief that he'll turn it around are simply being bamboozled by a big name and the fact he's played for Liverpool and won the Champions League.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Really sorry he hasn't already gone.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Even though Derby were always going to be a tough team to play away from home, I think the home defeat against Fulham is - for me anyway - the final straw.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Bloom is keeping Hyypia in the job only because he become to power hungry and by sacking him it will make him look a failure as well.Its a disgrace that the boring,passionless,dour, inept, totally shit Hyypia is still manager of our club.Hyypia out

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Cannot justifiably advocate the vilification of one man for something which is quite obviously the responsibility of many. If anyone thinks SH is the root cause of this predicament that the club finds itself in then they're sadly mistaken.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Out - I'm surprised it's 'only' 92%!!

Out - I'm surprised it's 'only' 92%!!

I think the in crowd might just edge this below 90 per cent before this is off page one ....

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
he should do the decent thing and resign. so far out of his depth, even he must realise it.

In the paper today he is quoted as saying 'If I can't turn the season around I'll walk away'. When will he do that, when we're relegated?. Sammi should walk now and maybe just maybe, we'll have a fighting chance of staying up.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Shame on you Bloom, Barber and Burke. It's one thing appointing him but your complete lack of action now is an absolute disgrace. You are not fit to appoint a coaching team or hold them to account. Get someone how knows the league and can get more from this 'play off potential' squad. How you can put the fans through another minute of this tenure is appalling and I absolutely hate you for this.

I know NSC has totally turned but come on, who gets sacked or walks after the toughest away game of the season. One of the easiest home games of the season is a different matter.

Except there is a reasonable chance we will win on Friday :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
In the paper today he is quoted as saying 'If I can't turn the season around I'll walk away'. When will he do that, when we're relegated?. Sammi should walk now and maybe just maybe, we'll have a fighting chance of staying up.

If your attention to detail was of any worth, you would spell his name right first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here