Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "we drew at Fulham" poll...

At Fulham, did we...

• Earn one point

Votes: 139 47.9%
  • Drop two points

Votes: 151 52.1%

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Point gained.

They’re not the Fulham of early season, they’re going to give lots of teams a tough game and we were definitely the better side still.

They’ve got some really talented players in RLC and Lookman and we totally nullified them. We were very unlucky not to win in the end.

Good base to build on for Sunday.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It was a point and no goals against a team that had run their socks off to get a draw with Liverpool the previous game.

Therefore, they were there for the taking.

In our previous game we basically took to a park bench and let Leicester have the game to themselves, hence they had won the game prior to half time.

If our energy levels only just shaded that of a very tired Fulham's, you have to worry about how fit our Albion players really are.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry but some of the optimism on here is bordering on delusional.

I sincerely hope I’m proved wrong, but all I can see with current set of circumstances is a relegation dogfight that we will ultimately lose.

Granted Sanchez played well, when he was called upon, but do we have a huge man management issue here?

Tactical reasons for Ryan’s omission? Even the commentary team saw through that one.

Has he fallen out with Maupay? Surely he was the best option for breaking the deadlock?

I’ve no doubt he’s a talented coach at a certain level, a family man and all round good egg, but there’s a time and a place and IMHO this is not the time for Graham Potter and BHAFC.

Like I said I hope I’m proved wrong, but, like many others on here, I’ve witnessed 7 Albion relegations over the years, and I’m afraid this has got all the hallmarks already.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It was a point and no goals against a team that had run their socks off to get a draw with Liverpool the previous game.

Therefore, they were there for the taking.

In our previous game we basically took to a park bench and let Leicester have the game to themselves, hence they had won the game prior to half time.

If our energy levels only just shaded that of a very tired Fulham's, you have to worry about how fit our Albion players really are.

Changed half our team, too.
I'm really not as convinced as half on here who seem pleased we scraped another draw we yet again really should have won considering the chances we had.
All last night showed me is that we really are in the shit this season and that the league table doesn't lie in our case. Our lack of stamina is pretty alarming too. Play well for a spell, drop off massively.
We played Leicester after they'd played AIK Athens on the Thursday night too... 3-0 down at half time and so far off the pace by half time.

Can't wait for Burnley to overtake us when they inevitably pull off a result away at villa tonight!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree with all posters who have stated we are in a relegation dog fight.
But that isn't really a surprise.

First and foremost last night was a clean sheet.
One slip aside, the defence looked as solid as it has done.
That is crucial to survive a relegation scrap.

Potter/the team answered the critics who said we are "too nice to play against"
There was a precious little pretty football last night, but we were the better team.

I believe we will wind up being safe earlier this season than last.
If we can keep three more clean sheets before New year, we will be well set.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To those who suggested Potter had lost the dressing room, that performance is proof that he certainly hasn’t.

To those who are disappointed that we are in a relegation fight again, what were you expecting? Top Ten? :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two points dropped.

A sluggish first half followed by about 30mins of excellent attacking football and a couple of brilliant Sanchez saves.

What did we get for that?

Dunk missed three good chances.
Webster hit the bar with the ball deflecting down (but obviously not over).
A rightly disallowed goal from VAR after an unintentional handball.
Lots of corners.

We are going through the worst period of luck that I can remember. At least ALL shots on target from the opposition are not going in now (thanks to Sanchez to some extent). The hard of thinking will no doubt blame Potter but we’re still creating great chances, we just can’t score. Ever.

2 points dropped, we should be winning these away games against teams outside the top six.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
To those who suggested Potter had lost the dressing room, that performance is proof that he certainly hasn’t.

To those who are disappointed that we are in a relegation fight again, what were you expecting? Top Ten? :wink:

The odd win maybe, here and there?. :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A draw away is always a point gained but the quality was so poor it didn't feel earned as much as forced. Like watching kids on the school playground in the first half, so little space. We're already at "needs must" I think.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We’re now delighted we didn’t get beaten by a bottom 3 team. The expectations are just whatever’s lower than a basement

A bottom 3 team who gave the Champions a really hard time over the weekend.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Forget the result, forget the missed chances.
We looked hard to beat, for once.
That is hugely encouraging as we seek to stay up.
Staying up is now what this season is all about.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sorry but some of the optimism on here is bordering on delusional.

I sincerely hope I’m proved wrong, but all I can see with current set of circumstances is a relegation dogfight that we will ultimately lose.

Granted Sanchez played well, when he was called upon, but do we have a huge man management issue here?

Tactical reasons for Ryan’s omission? Even the commentary team saw through that one.

Has he fallen out with Maupay? Surely he was the best option for breaking the deadlock?

I’ve no doubt he’s a talented coach at a certain level, a family man and all round good egg, but there’s a time and a place and IMHO this is not the time for Graham Potter and BHAFC.

Like I said I hope I’m proved wrong, but, like many others on here, I’ve witnessed 7 Albion relegations over the years, and I’m afraid this has got all the hallmarks already.

Harty, you need to take the dark glasses off. TB’s Rome won’t be built in a day and I have no doubt that even if we got relegated, Potter’s methodology will win in the end. I can’t remember us having a coach of this quality in charge for any of the 8 relegations in my time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here