Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Anyone know how people are contacted to arrange their Inoculations?

My mum’s 84 and is waiting for the summons from Westcourt Surgery in Rustington, only her phone line keeps going dead for hours on end. I’ve rung the phone company and they said fault would need an indoor visit from an engineer, which obviously is not ideal.

I’m hoping they send out letters, but if it’s done by phone I might have to risk it.

That would depend on how it's fed and what the fault is (and wherther the Telco are competent or are Sky/talktalk).

D

Deleted member 22389

Anyone know how people are contacted to arrange their Inoculations?

My mum’s 84 and is waiting for the summons from Westcourt Surgery in Rustington, only her phone line keeps going dead for hours on end. I’ve rung the phone company and they said fault would need an indoor visit from an engineer, which obviously is not ideal.

I’m hoping they send out letters, but if it’s done by phone I might have to risk it.

Your mum should get a letter shortly. I heard that letters will be going out to over 80s this week on the radio.

My mum's surgery is in Peacehaven, but I will have to run her up to Brighton Racecourse for the Vaccine. Other surgeries are also doing it up there too.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Your mum should get a letter shortly. I heard that letters will be going out to over 80s this week on the radio.

My mum's surgery is in Peacehaven, but I will have to run her up to Brighton Racecourse for the Vaccine. Other surgeries are also doing it up there too.

Many thanks. :)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It can't be reasonable to ask the over-80s to make their way either by driving or by public transport from miles away to, say, Epsom racecourse shirley?

I read earlier that they cocked up the original letter. The next batch being sent out say that if you can't get to the big venues you'll be contacted by your GP at a later date.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice graphic

08b6a71ec6b5d7cbdbc93bc080ebee0d.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pimlico Plumbers to make their workforce have the vaccine when eligible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

Good on 'em. Hopefully lots more employers will follow that lead, The government certainly should with anyone they employ or fund.

That seems very very dodgy.

I’m not sure you should be able to force anyone to have an injection.

It’s unlikely to be legal, I wonder how many payouts before they change their mind

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Interesting that we seem to be taking very firm and very broad steps in relation to this latest, Brazilian variant - banning all travel from the whole of South America and Portugal. Rather uncharacteristic from this government.

I’m hoping that this is because, for once, they’re taking a risk-averse, safety first approach and not because they know something that the public doesn’t as yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interesting that we seem to be taking very firm and very broad steps in relation to this latest, Brazilian variant - banning all travel from the whole of South America and Portugal. Rather uncharacteristic from this government.

I’m hoping that this is because, for once, they’re taking a risk-averse, safety first approach and not because they know something that the public doesn’t as yet.

We did with Denmark and the mink, Seems to be following that path

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
We did with Denmark and the mink, Seems to be following that path

This feels slightly different though, in that we’ve shut down travel effectively from any country with the remotest of links to Brazil. We’re certainly not fúcking about this time. Hopefully it’s just a case of credit where it’s due.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pimlico Plumbers to make their workforce have the vaccine when eligible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55654229

Good on 'em. Hopefully lots more employers will follow that lead, The government certainly should with anyone they employ or fund.

Can't agree and I respect your views on most things. Hopefully, the majority of the population will take the right decision but you cannot coerce people to take a vaccine if they choose not to.

If other countries take the decision you can't enter well that's entirely up to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here