Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Tunnel Club

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you remember the Goldstone days, where the blue disabled cars used to park in the SW corner, there used to be fans behind them, so I guess the view would be similar, blinkered.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Lovely to see football targeting the average man on the street fan for such an offer. You've got to have some serious Wad to pay those figures, or are they all being sold to businesses?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I would be willing to bet there are more than 2 spots available - marketing tactic...
I’m not so sure about that. I have reasonably reliable input (from two different sauces) that they’ve sold 58 seats. If so, then, yep, there’s two left.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You do realise that the heated seats will be switched off in November. The club will, however, be providing tartan blankets for those feeling a bit nippy.
But no flasks with Bovril in them

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
The North Stand needs to be renovated to increase the capacity of the stadium and bring more atmosphere to the games. But you can see why Barber is not interested in this when corporate areas like 'The Tunnel Club' can bring in so much revenue.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Basically any extra seats going in at the Amex will be aimed at the same market as the Tunnel club. BarberOut will be looking to maximise all matchday income wherever he can. Why have 20 seats at £700 a season when there could be 16 at £10,000 a season!

el punal

The North Stand needs to be renovated to increase the capacity of the stadium and bring more atmosphere to the games. But you can see why Barber is not interested in this when corporate areas like 'The Tunnel Club' can bring in so much revenue.
It’s the fans not the stand that make an atmosphere, and that is brought about by what happens on the pitch. I’m not sure what you mean by renovating the North Stand? It’s a fixed structure attached to the rest of the stadium so you can hardly knock it down and start again. You could, as suggested in previous plans, build a balcony type second tier. That’s not going to float your boat as it will be aimed at your “corporate” types. In the meantime just enjoy what we’ve got - it’s still great.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club must think we're all made of 💰
It'll go some way on reaping Milners wagers back!!!!
Well obviously plenty of punters are all made of money, or they wouldn't have virtually sold out.

One thing is for sure, if people are prepared to pay silly money for something, then they will charge it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don’t see the problem that some appear to have with this. It makes the club an extra 500k a year turnover from just 60 seats. It’s not like it’s at the expense of the thousands of standard season ticket holders.

Doesn’t surprise me that they’re almost sold out either. There are plenty of people who have made themselves a few quid in life for whom 10K a year won’t be a significant financial commitment. Fair play to them if they want to get themselves an exclusive home game experience in exchange for putting a load of £ into the club.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
An incredible amount of money but if these 60 seats help keep ordinary ticket prices down then I'm in favour.

If they do push on with the North stand hospitality 'shelf' I really hope they market it somewhere between normal ticket prices and 1901. I'm sure many would pay £1.5k for a pub style hospitality option.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not there yesterday but got feedback that the Tunnel Club punters in WSL, where the old Press Box seats were, seemed to annoy a few in the seats behind due to late arrivals on kick off and after half time milling around getting drinks (soft) and food served during the game. Is this going to be our Wembley Corporate area that only fills up minutes after kick off and HT as some people prefer drinking and eating over football?

As a point of interest where has the Press Box been moved to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here