Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Tunnel Club full review

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Looks good and, in these money grabbing times, I guess the club need to do as much as it can to get the cash in. Personally, football is about wearing the colours, roughing it to the ground (although my only joy in old age is I coach it in) and a pie 'n' pint pre match.
Drinks at your seat? Guessing it's non alchoholic although they didn't say.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
600 quid when you add the VAT.

Each to their own but not what watching football is about for me. Only just accepted padded seats!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
As a comparison you can dine on the Sensorium Tasting Menu at The Fat Duck at Bray (3 Michelin Stars) for £395pp plus wine pairing at £165pp so £560pp + tip. I thik that I'd rather venture there for lunch and have a normal matchday experience at the Amex for a comparable combined price. The Tunnel Club is mainly a corporate entertainment venue where the cost will, hopefully, be outstripped by increased business benefits.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I cannot fathom the thought process that results in anyone thinking of paying ~£9k for this.

More money than sense.
I wouldn’t pay it or even get close but to some people £10k pa isn’t a lot. What if you’ve no dependents, loads of cash and love watching the Albion in comfort?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As a comparison you can dine on the Sensorium Tasting Menu at The Fat Duck at Bray (3 Michelin Stars) for £395pp plus wine pairing at £165pp so £560pp + tip. I thik that I'd rather venture there for lunch and have a normal matchday experience at the Amex for a comparable combined price. The Tunnel Club is mainly a corporate entertainment venue where the cost will, hopefully, be outstripped by increased business benefits.
Cheapest 3 course at Core by Clare smyth (best restaurant in England IMHO) is £165 (£185 dinner) ! Amazing value.

Tasting menu only £215.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So if I grow a top knot and start posting videos online do I get this for free rather than spending £500?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wouldn’t pay it or even get close but to some people £10k pa isn’t a lot. What if you’ve no dependents, loads of cash and love watching the Albion in comfort?
I get the business and a one-off treat angle but for a regular supporter surely the novelty will wear off after a few games? Having to scoff a 5 course pre-match meal, half time food and ordering even more food and drink in your seats will become a burden when it has to be done each match..not to mention getting wet when it rains.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheapest 3 course at Core by Clare smyth (best restaurant in England IMHO) is £165 (£185 dinner) ! Amazing value.

Tasting menu only £215.
Quite a few high-end restaurants have good value lunch time 3 fixed course deals.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Oh yeah, I get that. If someone has that kind of cash and chooses to spend it watching football on a heated seat then go for it.

But I'm going to think that person is an idiot.

Actually, I take that back. That's unfair. I won't understand their purchase choice, but it doesn't make them stupid. Necessarily.

Last edited:

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I get the business and a one-off treat angle but for a regular supporter surely the novelty will wear off after a few games? Having to scoff a 5 course pre-match meal, half time food and ordering even more food and drink in your seats will become a burden when it has to be done each match..not to mention getting wet when it rains.
A good point. It’s all great in August, but I suspect January will be a whole different experience!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I also wonder who will be cooking the menu further into the season. I imagine the Etch guy turning up on day 1 is a a one-off and no doubt all the stops were pulled out given the vlogger guy was there. Will this standard be kept deeper into the season?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here