Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I believe the Mail

Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hurrah BBC finally (grudgingly?) made the correct call to stop cravenly kowtowing to their licence fee paymasters in order to retain some modicum of credibility. End game for BJ now :wave:

Or in a couple of days some ex Big Brother contestant will reveal she had an extramarital affair with some former dart player back in 2008 and everyone will forget about it and move on to the next scandal.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Where to start with that!

He has denied it now, he didn't say it.

If I were him I would take the DM to task.

Unsurprisingly, they have been printing more libelous crap, it has to stop. Who better to take this on than Johnson?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Unsurprisingly, they have been printing more libelous crap, it has to stop. Who better to take this on than Johnson?

Well it's either the most outrageous libel that BJ could take the DM to the cleaners with in court. Or it's not...

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I absolutely loathe Johnson, however, Cummings is notoriously known to be a vile, vindictive piece of shit. He 'resigned' because he was losing significant influence in No.10 - this is a way to hit back. Why wouldn't he have said any of this any sooner, unless something's changed in that relationship.

I suspect Cumming's line to No10 was cut and this is the repercussion and this is whilst Johnson has to deal with the Greensill and Dyson issues...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Johnson seems to live his life as if the cameras are still on him as a Top Gear guest, so he can play to the gallery.

He talks like a kunnt most of the time anyway so it was only a matter of time before his gobshiteing caught up with him.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

You can usually tell when Johnson is lying, his lips move.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't see this going anywhere.

Someone anonymous said he said something. He says he didn't.

It's not proveable. And even if it were, his core base love this sort of thing.

It wouldn't suprise me if he made it up and leaked it himself.

The only real significance to this story is that the Daily Mail is prepared to put the knife in. When a tory PM loses them, they're in trouble

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cabinet Secretary Simon Case squirming like a TOAD under questioning by the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee about leaks and lobbying right now. Has to be said, it's not going too well for the boy :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think, for me, the key point is I'm not at all outraged. When I read these accusations I simply thought 'that's the type of thing I expect he would probably say'.

Johnson could go on a murderous gun rampage in Trafalgar Square and still get 40% of the vote. The papers would barely report it, and in his press conference accusations glossed over as an attempt to distract from the real issues that the Conservatives are leading the battle on.

One or two NSCers would mock folk's concern as still being bitter over BREXIT.

Johnson is the original Teflon prime minister. Just needs a Shakespearean quote to jump over the present hurdles. Maybe ‘I am a man more sinned against than sinning.’

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Cummings has the tapes.

Don't trust him for a moment but I don't believe the Mail would've done this front page quite so emphatically without hearing/seeing proof.

This. No serious newspaper in the land is going to risk launching this sort of an attack on a senior political figure without having a map to the exact location where the bodies have been buried (if you'll pardon the analogy).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given that both options have been proven to be serial truth benders I'll opt out.

I understand your chagrin, but this is simply a badly worded question: it needed to be prefaced by 'in this instance'. But it didn't, though, because we all know what the OP meant.

I don't go in for belief so I'll wait for some evidence before casting aspersions.

Whichever one is lying in this instance deserves to be literally (in one case) or metaphorically (in the other) dismembered.

My guess is he said it but will be exonerated because of the 'context' and let's not forget what a wonderful job he's done so far with the vaccines and Brexit. This was basically the line taken by some on the R5 phone in this morning.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well it's either the most outrageous libel that BJ could take the DM to the cleaners with in court. Or it's not...

Quite, easy money.

Good day for Johnson's retirement fund or, if he is inclined, for the refurbishment of his home out of his own pocket.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This. No serious newspaper in the land is going to risk launching this sort of an attack on a senior political figure without having a map to the exact location where the bodies have been buried (if you'll pardon the analogy).

I don’t think anyone but its readers would class The Mail as a serious newspaper. Like most of the red tops, it has paid out millions for publishing falsehoods down the years.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apparently the tapes incriminating our dear leader, Blow Job, are safely buried in the grounds of Barnard Castle.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Apparently Boris also suggested that when it was discovered that it were possible we would not have enough ventilators he wanted to call it "project last gasp" but was advised otherwise

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This must be quite a conundrum for those who wouldn't believe Boris if he said today was Monday and wouldn't believe The Mail if it said it got dark at night .......................

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Because one of Johnson's most well-known traits is his honesty... :lolol:

I think there's some substance:

1) Look at his track record of putting his foot in it and seemingly not caring what he does or says (for just one of many examples – topically – look at the case of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who he didn't exactly help!)
2) One of the Daily Mail's columnists is Sarah Vine. Sarah Vine is Michael Gove's wife. Michael Gove wants to be PM
3) Newspapers wouldn't run something like that without an element of it being true. Granted it might have been twisted and tweaked from what he originally said – or said in a different context – but a national wouldn't publish without having some sort of 'evidence'.

Sadly, it won't make a difference to his popularity :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

are you asserting that the Mail is a serious paper, and that everything it prints about politicians is accurate ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here