Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Traitors - BBC

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Im glad theres a couple of posts echoing what I have thought about a couple of the players. Both have come across as quite nasty but that may be selective editing. Maddy just makes me laugh. Shes right but has no idea why. Good intuition I would say. Wilf is out sooner or later although the tide seems to have turned a little on him. Amanda is the clever one.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The level of histrionics in last night's show was beyond ridiculous. If they just kept a lid on it I'd enjoy the show more I'm sure

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
For anyone who likes this there's a similar series called The Mole on Netflix. There are two key differences:

1) The cast are all American, and somewhat less age diverse, but somewhat more annoying (but you get over that after a couple of episodes)

2) There is only one 'Mole' ('Traitor') in the team, but the audience doesn't know who it is...!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’m loving it - it’s got Lord of the flies all over it. shows how east a society can break down

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I’m loving it - it’s got Lord of the flies all over it. shows how east a society can break down
Erm. It's just a TV show. They're trying to win c£100k, followed by cameras everywhere, and occasionally Claudia Winkleman pops up to lay on additional fake melodrama. It doesn't show anything of the sort.

I am enjoying it, but it's in perspective.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I've been watching and enjoying it, but for me last night, with the murder in plain sight was really the only time they've kind of forced the traitors to do something that might be picked up upon. Other than a traitor making a huge slip up or breaking down anf confessing, at the moment there has been relatively little for anyone to pick up on.

I would have expected they should try and get the traitors to sabotage the games, e.g. they add to a special traitors pot or something if the task is failed.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
View attachment 154507
I think this show is based around this card game. I first played it at a massive dining table in a Herefordshire country house, with booze flowing, for a mates 40th birthday weekend. What great fun! The more players the better. There were over 20 of us at the start of the game. Didn’t really matter to those who were knocked out early because they just enjoyed watching the whole role playing unravel. I’ll leave it to you lot to Google the game, premise and rules.
There’s a few similar type games out there, particularly an online multiplayer called Among Us, also one called Town of Salem.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone know which pubs are showing the finale of Traitors?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Final tonight. Will Wilf see it through. Almost taken down by the emotional yoyo he employed as a fellow Traitor. His turning on Amanda was glorious.

It's a show of pure paranoia

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Final tonight. Will Wilf see it through. Almost taken down by the emotional yoyo he employed as a fellow Traitor. His turning on Amanda was glorious.

It's a show of pure paranoia

I think he's going to do it. He'll throw the other bloke under the bus (as the others believe there is only 1 traitor) and then convince the others to end the game

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if wilf wins it just to see Hannah’ s “ I bet my life he is a faithful” face when she realises she has been wrong all along and her judgement is bollocks.

I assume Kieron will be thrown under the bus first and then they all say ok, he was the traitor therefore we will all share the pot, only for the snake Wilf to take the lot and Hannah weep buckets!

brilliant social experiment!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't watch much reality tv but have really enjoyed Traitors. A few annoying players but the second series, with a little knowledge of what may come, could provide some superb individuals

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The thing is I BELIEVE they all knew there were 3 traitors at the start. Kieron wasn't there from the start so (on the basis they think it must be a man) surely the focus should be on Aaron and Wilf.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I think he's going to do it. He'll throw the other bloke under the bus (as the others believe there is only 1 traitor) and then convince the others to end the game
He deserves to win. The remaining faithfuls have been utterly clueless all the way through

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
View attachment 154507
I think this show is based around this card game. I first played it at a massive dining table in a Herefordshire country house, with booze flowing, for a mates 40th birthday weekend. What great fun! The more players the better. There were over 20 of us at the start of the game. Didn’t really matter to those who were knocked out early because they just enjoyed watching the whole role playing unravel. I’ll leave it to you lot to Google the game, premise and rules.
It's the same as Mafia which can be played with a normal deck of cards easily enough.

Also there's an online browser based game called Town of Salem which does the same thing but with many roles added.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Final tonight. Will Wilf see it through.
Wilf made a mistake recruiting Kieron. If the remaining contestants have half a brain (they might not) they know there were 3 original traitors, and it was likely one of them was male. They need to keep banishing until they catch someone. If they banish Kieron, they still need to keep going. If they evict Wilf, they'll probably think it's all done, so it's a free win for Kieron.

It's not clear whether a recruited traitor would say they were a faithful and are now traitor, or appear as a traitor from the start. If the latter, Wilf should've picked Aaron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here