Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Trainline

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
How can they be a con when there's nothing to lose? I got back over £100 a while back paid straight into my account.

What i presumed was you lost was that your contact details are sold on to selling agencies, this is how Quidco make their money?
£100 seems impressive, what did you have spend to achieve that return?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What i presumed was you lost was that your contact details are sold on to selling agencies, this is how Quidco make their money?
£100 seems impressive, what did you have spend to achieve that return?

I don't really get anymore spam emails then normal. Bedsides you can always create another email account.

As for getting a ton, it was on things like car insrance,ebay,new fridgefreezer from coop,clothes,Tesco's direct etc etc.

Quite often if you return items some companies forget about the cashback.

You can use it to book holidays,hotel rooms etc.

For instance the fridgefreezer i brought. I found a code online for coop electrical for £20 off large appliances. Used TCB and got another £30 off. I also got free delivery.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Going to have a rant.

Had to go to that London today, so took a rare trip on the trains. Went to catch the train back, but once through the barriers at the station (London Bridge), couldn't get to the platform with the wheelchair, so had to leave the station and re-enter elsewhere, by which time we missed our train. Got on the next one, which wasn't a Southern service, but first crap or something. Didn't realise this until the conductor on the train pointed it out, and wanted £40 from us (bastards). He took our Southern tickets and wouldn't give them back until we'd dealt with our tickets for the train we were on. I refused to talk to him until he gave our tickets back. He said they weren't ours, but were the property of the railways, which didn't make sense to me, as they were for a different operator than the one he worked for. I said we'd get off at the next station as we wanted to be on the correct train, and (god this is dull, but I'm venting) he said he'd follow us all the way on the Southern trains. What a twat. Somehow he lost us and we got home without penalty. One nil to the people.

This sort of story makes me MAD, amazed you seemed to have stayed so calm.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Going to have a rant.

Had to go to that London today, so took a rare trip on the trains. Went to catch the train back, but once through the barriers at the station (London Bridge), couldn't get to the platform with the wheelchair, so had to leave the station and re-enter elsewhere, by which time we missed our train. Got on the next one, which wasn't a Southern service, but first crap or something. Didn't realise this until the conductor on the train pointed it out, and wanted £40 from us (bastards). He took our Southern tickets and wouldn't give them back until we'd dealt with our tickets for the train we were on. I refused to talk to him until he gave our tickets back. He said they weren't ours, but were the property of the railways, which didn't make sense to me, as they were for a different operator than the one he worked for. I said we'd get off at the next station as we wanted to be on the correct train, and (god this is dull, but I'm venting) he said he'd follow us all the way on the Southern trains. What a twat. Somehow he lost us and we got home without penalty. One nil to the people.

You mean you DIDNT read the Terms and Conditions of travel. Well SHAME on you :jester:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This sort of story makes me MAD, amazed you seemed to have stayed so calm.
Wife doesn't think I was calm, but I was fairly restrained. In the conductor's defence, he may have been in the right (I honestly don't know if he had the authority to take our tickets). But I did feel it wasn't our fault we missed the train (it was a nightmare that we actually had to go through the barriers and get to the platforms before finding out we had to leave the station because of a lack of disabled facilities) and there was no way I wanted to have to write letters about this later to try and get some money back. I was quite prepared to talk to the police about it when we got off at the next stop. I had been about to give the conductor our name and address, but stopped when he wouldn't give our tickets back.

You mean you DIDNT read the Terms and Conditions of travel. Well SHAME on you :jester:
I could even read the name of the train operater on the tickets as I didn't have my glasses on :D

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought I would look up cost to Birmingham for me and the 3 nippers with Friends & Family railcard. Via Southern, Trainline, respottedhanky, qjump all were showing £86.10. I checked southern to London Euston and London Euston to Bordesly ( I think this is the nearest station) and it was £24.25 + £19.60 = £43.85. Started me thinking that I might go and then noticed that there is a bus service between Brighton and 3 Bridges all day/evening! Still thinking about it...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Going to have a rant.

Ah, the FCC revenue officers, not conductors. Used them from Croydon to Farringdon to get to Liverpool Street for the Ipswich game last week. Had a London Travelcard which said "Southern Only" on it, which means i can only use Southern trains until i get into the London area.

The revenue officers however were adamant that it only meant i could use Southern trains and nothing else in the London area. Ended up with them saying "Well, we'll let you off this time". Sent FCC an e-mail about it - the reply from them says their staff were wrong.

Tells you everything about FCC really. Not surprised to hear what their staff have been like.

Oh, London Bridge has basically no disabled facilities for now because of the work being done to it, hopefully it should be completed in....ooooh......five years time, if that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh, London Bridge has basically no disabled facilities for now because of the work being done to it, hopefully it should be completed in....ooooh......five years time, if that.
On the plus side, that glass weapon for giants is well cool.

I thought I would look up cost to Birmingham for me and the 3 nippers with Friends & Family railcard. Via Southern, Trainline, respottedhanky, qjump all were showing £86.10. I checked southern to London Euston and London Euston to Bordesly ( I think this is the nearest station) and it was £24.25 + £19.60 = £43.85. Started me thinking that I might go and then noticed that there is a bus service between Brighton and 3 Bridges all day/evening! Still thinking about it...

There is another service running via Littlehampton and Horsham without changing trains or getting a bus.. 1hr 48 from Shoreham to Victoria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here