Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Tottenham Hostpur conspiracy theory

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Whilst I’d like to think it was done on purpose, it was probably a typo…

… and if it were done on purpose, it’s a bit nonsensical, Rottenham Hotspur would have been more pointed, I think.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Like stamps, the mistakes make collector's items.
Not if ALL the shirts have the same typo. Now if one or two shirts have the correct spelling, then you have something.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not if ALL the shirts have the same typo. Now if one or two shirts have the correct spelling, then you have something.
I believe a whole sheet of stamps was printed with an error, which made them all valuable.
3.000 shirts is a small number amongst Albion fans and I expect to see them on Ebay soon especially as some stalwarts had theirs stolen before they'd even got to their seats.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I believe a whole sheet of stamps was printed with an error, which made them all valuable.
3.000 shirts is a small number amongst Albion fans and I expect to see them on Ebay soon especially as some stalwarts had theirs stolen before they'd even got to their seats.
Yes but, there were probably millions of other sheets of stamps made without the error. That’s what would make them valuable isn’t it? With these shirts, they all have the error. There are only 3000 of them though, that’s what will make them collectible, not the typo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes but, there were probably millions of other sheets of stamps made without the error. That’s what would make them valuable isn’t it? With these shirts, they all have the error. There are only 3000 of them though, that’s what will make them collectible, not the typo.
There are rip offs on the market already but probably spelt correctly. There are also calls for the club to produce these for sale.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can someone PLEASE tell us what the typo was ?

Nicks

Spot the mistake
IMG-20230528-WA0005.jpeg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
There are rip offs on the market already but probably spelt correctly. There are also calls for the club to produce these for sale.
Exactly. If the club re-markets them with the correct spelling, the originals would become more collectible.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I'm certain it was an honest mistake, and that someone is really cross with themselves.

If it had been deliberate it would have been an innocuous asterisk that that led nowhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here