Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Tottenham Hostpur conspiracy theory

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm certain it was an honest mistake, and that someone is really cross with themselves.

If it had been deliberate it would have been an innocuous asterisk that that led nowhere.
Not so sure....

*It’s a clear and obvious error.
*It wasn’t corrected when it could of been.
* HOSTpur? - A swipe at the powers that be maybe? Meaning all the decisions went the hosts way? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As stated elsewhere I am a natural born cynic and think they were going into the club shop until they spotted the spelling mistake :smile:

Our Chrystal Palace moment :lolol:

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I'm certain it was an honest mistake, and that someone is really cross with themselves.

If it had been deliberate it would have been an innocuous asterisk that that led nowhere.
I hope even if it was an honest mistake, that person is having a giggle anyway. I love it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Something to do with the misspelling on free t-shirts thoughtfully given to Brighton fans at Villa.
Thank you. I too had no idea what it was about. However .... where's the 'conspiracy'? That we threw the game against Villa as some sort of retribution for the infamous 1978 Spurs/Southampton game?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Thank you. I too had no idea what it was about. However .... where's the 'conspiracy'? That we threw the game against Villa as some sort of retribution for the infamous 1978 Spurs/Southampton game?
No, that the typo was done on purpose because of the numerous questionable refereeing decisions in that game. It's a bit of fun.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Yep, if deliberate it would have said Vs Tottenham Shitspur & VAR or somesuch

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are rip offs on the market already but probably spelt correctly. There are also calls for the club to produce these for sale.
Club should probably firstly mail them out free of charge to those with a history of away games who never made the Villa match, to make sure just about everybody who deserves one gets one

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, that the typo was done on purpose because of the numerous questionable refereeing decisions in that game. It's a bit of fun.
Ah ok. Obviously I know that Covid was a hoax, the CIA were behind 9/11 and all six moon landings were faked, but a misspelling on a t-shirt is a conspiracy too far.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good to keep drawing attention to a mistake I’m sure a few club staff members are feeling terrible about. Great thread though.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I recall a brilliant marketing campaign I for a firm I worked for. Idea was that salesperson would release a balloon with a small kite attached to get customer’s attention.
The kite was meant to have ‘Stunt Kite’ written on but someone managed to get 10k ordered with the spoonerism instead.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Ok this is going way over my head, someone made a typo, it doesn't say anything that conveys a message. The only tenuous link is that an error was made, is this really the connection?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here