Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Tory Party are ....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As far as the word scum goes mayI clarify that I mean the Tory party and not those who vote Tory.

I changed the thread title (from 'tories' to 'Tory Party'), to reflect this, quite early yesterday, as this much seemed fairly obvious, from the content of the opening post.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Where did I say, or suggest, you’re a Tory? I’d be interested to understand how you inferred this from the post you quoted.

And I stated above why I think the term scum, in this instance, is acceptable. I am willing to listen to anyone who can explain why they’re not.

Using insults to back up your anti-insult stance. Genius.

Totally unwarranted insults to boot.

“Your jumped up attitude means I’d avoid you like the plague”

That’s insulting. You’re a hypocrite.

As far as the word scum goes mayI clarify that I mean the Tory party and not those who vote Tory.

I’m willing to listen to your explanation...if you have one.

Oh. After everything they’ve done, would you vote for them again?

You’ve met me, would you describe me as scum sir?

Oh, the 'kin irony of the 'I'm holier than you toxxpots', breathtaking in their pulpittery.

PS Note the lack of answer by TAT's ugly sister to Chicken Run.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still waiting for the response regarding my post :dunce: You've clearly deliberately swerved the facts because it's not fitting with the narrative.

Knife crime now is lower than it was in 2009, pre-Austerity.

Are you? Apologies I hadn’t realised you had a question. Please ask again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still waiting for the response regarding my post :dunce: You've clearly deliberately swerved the facts because it's not fitting with the narrative.

Sauce?

Knife crime now is lower than it was in 2009, pre-Austerity.

Fatal knife crime at all time high...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-47156957

Youth crime:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.shoutoutuk.org/2018/10/30/youth-crime-on-the-rise-in-the-uk/amp/

And the youth justice stats if you feel compelled to cross-reference at all?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.shoutoutuk.org/2018/10/30/youth-crime-on-the-rise-in-the-uk/amp/

While knife and other weapons crime is lower than March 2009 there has been a year on year increase in such crimes since 2009 with the highest recorded rise in such crimes, with a 7% rise being recorded in the last year .

Tory party in power since 2010.

Knife crime was reduced and since a Tory government, has been increasing year on year. So Tory party are undoing the reduction.

So your 2009 figure... not quite what you were making it out to be.

I rest my case.

Somebody floated the word “owned” earlier.

Last edited:

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Youth crime:

While knife and other weapons crime is lower than March 2009 there has been a year on year increase in such crimes since 2009 with the highest recorded rise in such crimes, with a 7% rise being recorded in the last year .

Knife crime was reduced and since a Tory government, has been increasing year on year. So Tory party are undoing the reduction.

I rest my case.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-47156957 - Terrible searching for sources, but your point falls flat. Fatal knife crime rising, yes; but what could the police do to prevent a fatal stabbing. How can police cuts mean fatal stabbings increase, despite the overall level of crime decreasing. The problem stems from the violence, you've already failed to respond to the increasing demand for drugs which is fuelling the violence. Still waiting for a response on that. "Didn't think so"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.shoutoutuk.org/2018/10/30/youth-crime-on-the-rise-in-the-uk/amp/ - Youth crime is rising more to do with cuts to Youth Services as per the the general theory about youth crime persists. This is not exactly related to police cuts, more to the point; my point anyway. This is a strawman argument.

"I rest my case"
"Owned"
"Didn't think so"

https://www.shoutoutuk.org/2018/10/30/youth-crime-on-the-rise-in-the-uk/ - cross-reference? With what? We're talking about Tory cuts to police budgets, CTRL+F "Cuts" doesn't say anything about budget cuts. So you've not made a poind here at all.
Didn’t think so.

You didn't reply within a day, I don't reply within 40 minutes it's "didn't think so" Your arrogance is laughable. So is your ability to critically think, or appropriately source information - you've literally sourced what ever comes up in google. Well done, you've proven that by the URL address.

Someone earlier used that word "Owned"

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Didn't think so.

What you REALLY need to do is actually read the original post. Because you haven't, you got out of breath because someone on internet disagreed with you, then googled a few phrases and then literally took the first few links that sounded like they reinforced your argument. But you had none in the first place, because you hadn't read the original post.

Opps.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Didn't think so.

What you REALLY need to do is actually read the original post. Because you haven't, you got out of breath because someone on internet disagreed with you, then googled a few phrases and then literally took the first few links that sounded like they reinforced your argument. But you had none in the first place, because you hadn't read the original post.

Opps.

If the original post you refer to is the claim knife crime is lower than in 2009, that’s not the full picture and that’s the only point I was addressing. And I’m correct.

Edited for clarity.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Youth crime:

I rest my case.

So how exactly are the Tories to blame? Yes TM stopped stop and search all those years ago,but was that not as a result of liberal opposition to young black males being stopped disproportionately? It may be as a result of Police cuts, but equally may be due to the very sad extension of the so-called county lines, which, I suspect, would flourish irrespective of Police numbers. This reminds me of the time prior to the election which resulted in Tony Blair's political demise, when one survey said that crime had risen under Labour. I am not making any cheap political points -that is easy to do - but am genuinely not sure how any party can be blamed for an increase in crime; there must be so many factors which explain why crime takes place.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So how exactly are the Tories to blame? Yes TM stopped stop and search all those years ago,but was that not as a result of liberal opposition to young black males being stopped disproportionately? It may be as a result of Police cuts, but equally may be due to the very sad extension of the so-called county lines, which, I suspect, would flourish irrespective of Police numbers. This reminds me of the time prior to the election which resulted in Tony Blair's political demise, when one survey said that crime had risen under Labour. I am not making any cheap political points -that is easy to do - but am genuinely not sure how any party can be blamed for an increase in crime; there must be so many factors which explain why crime takes place.

Police cuts cause a rise in crime and a loss of control of our public spaces. Among other factors. As you say.

I believe that to be an irrefutable fact. Clearly others don’t. I’ll leave it there.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Police cuts cause a rise in crime and a loss of control of our public spaces. Among other factors. As you say.

I believe that to be an irrefutable fact. Clearly others don’t. I’ll leave it there.

You could well be right, for all I know, but as there are often many reasons for crime, I don't think that is an irrefutable fact -that is your arrogance talking!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You could well be right, for all I know, but as there are often many reasons for crime, I don't think that is an irrefutable fact -that is your arrogance talking!

I am sure there are arguments against my standpoint. I’ve not got much else to say about it.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
If the original post you refer to is the claim knife crime is lower than in 2009, that’s not the full picture and that’s the only point I was addressing. And I’m correct.

Edited for clarity.
You pulled your point out of thin air, to suit your argument. It had nothing to do with your original post - It's pretty clear as hell that you change your position when called out. From "Tories are scum" to "Oh, sorry that isn't what I meant, I meant the Tory Party".

Now you're saying your point is FATAL knife crime, not knife crime as a whole, changing the hymn sheet to try and sound like you've won the argument.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

No one is disputing police cuts have lead to a rise in overall crime, the original argument you made is in relation to knife crime. Knife crime is lower than pre-austerity years.

Fatalities is less to do with police cuts on a whole and more to do with what's driving the violence. The gangs haven't just thought they'd stab more people because they watched newsnight and realised there's less police on the ground.

This is because there has been a considerable increase in the demand for cocaine and similar drugs, alas, an escalation in violence is a result of this demand. Not entirely because of police cuts. Continue to ignore this key point, but it only shows you don't really know what you're talking about and more interested in looking morally and intellectually superior.

EDIT: I'd like to also just for the record state that I'm not a tory, I could never vote for that party given their handling of Brexit and their obvious inability to govern. :dunce: just before someone calls me a Tory shill. Despise what they've done to our public services but I equally despise poor arguments.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No one is disputing police cuts have lead to a rise in overall crime, the original argument you made is in relation to knife crime. Knife crime is lower than pre-austerity years.

Fatalities is less to do with police cuts on a whole and more to do with what's driving the violence. The gangs haven't just thought they'd stab more people because they watched newsnight and realised there's less police on the ground.

This is because there has been a considerable increase in the demand for cocaine and similar drugs, alas, an escalation in violence is a result of this demand. Not entirely because of police cuts. Continue to ignore this key point, but it only shows you don't really know what you're talking about and more interested in looking morally and intellectually superior.

EDIT: I'd like to also just for the record state that I'm not a tory, I could never vote for that party given their handling of Brexit and their obvious inability to govern. :dunce: just before someone calls me a Tory shill. Despise what they've done to our public services but I equally despise poor arguments.

Whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here