Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Top 250 on IMDB

Well?

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Am I the only person that hinks Atonement should be in the top 250? Have I just shown myself to be a film spud?

[edit: seems it has 7.9 out of 10 average rating - which puts it just outside the top 250]

I wouldn't put the most of the films from the last twenty years on the list on a list of the best 500 films of the last twenty years

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Is the Social Network actually good then? I just figured a film about Facebook, starring Justin Timberlake would be a bit crap.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Surprisingly Die Hard is currently winning with 55 votes! I watched Die Hard 2 last night and IMO it's very average but I'm not sure about the first one.

Contestants for the winner (IMO) would be: Shawshank, The Departed, Forrest Gump, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Toy Story

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is the Social Network actually good then? I just figured a film about Facebook, starring Justin Timberlake would be a bit crap.

Based on the subject matter it is a film that had no right to be as good as it was. Well worth a watch.

Inception on the other hand - the most boring film I think I have ever had the misfortune not to fall asleep in. Layer upon layer of dream states (or whatever they were supposed to be), lazy acting and CGI - yawn.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Agree about Inception. Essemntially we're getting served up a diet of what amounts to very high quality cartoons. Of course CGI can be brilliant but not when the whole film relies on CGI alone to deliver the experience.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Spirited Away is superb - one of the best animation films I've ever seen. It's well worth seeing.

This.....and double that for 'Grave of the Fireflies' ('Princess Mononoke' is v. good too :) )

117 or so for me, which is rather more than I thought

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Although I haven't seen The Social Network, it's likely it will soon drift out of the top 250 as many new releases shoot into and then slowly drift off ending up with a sort of 7.8 rating.

It's a good site IMDB, a favourite of mine. Pretty impressed with all those on here who have seen over 100 out of the top 250, that's some going.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, where is Where Eagles Dare on that list ? One of the best actioneers of all time with Burton playing Burton and an early machismo role for Clint Eastwood as Shaeffer ?? Cracking film !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So, where is Where Eagles Dare on that list ? One of the best actioneers of all time with Burton playing Burton and an early machismo role for Clint Eastwood as Shaeffer ?? Cracking film !

Ah yes that comedy classic WWII caper with a 1960s helicopter landing in the Schloss Adler and them escaping at the end in a 1960s bus.

:amex::falmer:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah yes that comedy classic WWII caper with a 1960s helicopter landing in the Schloss Adler and them escaping at the end in a 1960s bus.

:amex::falmer:

Wasn't a comedy for the squareheads, Shaeffer ventilates almost three figures worth !:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wasn't a comedy for the squareheads, Shaeffer ventilates almost three figures worth !:thumbsup:

gestapo.jpg

The syrup and fake lips! Vintage cinema :amex:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gwylan,Scampi,Stat Brother - is My Neighbour Totoro worth a watch? just discovered what a Totoro is given it's appearance in Toy Story 3

It's not as imaginative as Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle and the story's not as complex but it's still beautifully animated
Nail on head.
I see it as a fantastic introduction to Mayazaki, I really enjoyed it, and the kids (4-6) are spellbound by it.
It doesn't have the depth of the likes of Spirited Away, but is still a cracking and bizarre watch.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nail on head.
I see it as a fantastic introduction to Mayazaki, I really enjoyed it, and the kids (4-6) are spellbound by it.
It doesn't have the depth of the likes of Spirited Away, but is still a cracking and bizarre watch.

yeah watched that again earlier - still fantastic , cheers for the feedback :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here