Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Toilet Roll crisis reaches new heights in Australia

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Popped into Tesco earlier and spent £12 getting passport photos for the children for a holiday we probably will no longer be able to take. Then bought the ingredients for Toad in the Hole plus one of the few remaining packs of Super Soft Andrex (9 frickin’ rolls of double-quilted gold dust!). Feeling pretty pleased with myself I took my precious goods to the tills and paid.

Of course, it was only when I got home I realised I’d paid for the Andrex but left it at the checkout.

:facepalm:

I can’t even panic buy right :down:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Uk is a net exporter of arsewipe - there is no chance supply will run out, exports will simply be stopped if necessary. People stockpiling it are as thick as pigshit, and selfish to boot.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
After finding empty loo shelves over the last few weeks at Waitrose, ASDA and Sainburys, I visited ALDI Portslade yesterday expecting the same, but they had full shelves of the stuff. Shoppers were sensibly taking one or two packs, there was no sign of the selfish locusts.

Worth a trip in you live in the city and have had no luck elsewhere.

I was in there yesterday too. They had loads in there and I didn't see one person clamouring to buy them. I didn't bother either as I didn't need it and don't want to get into that mindset.

I did however notice that they only had the cheapest variety available which I used to buy but recently made the decision to stop buying as it makes mini cigars when used. Maybe everyone else was also aware of the mini cigar effect and had also decided to refrain from buying for that same reason. Let us know how you get on with it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's it jump to conclusions without reading all the posts related, that is being really informed isn't it.
Now run along.

What is your response to the elderly person who has just found the loo roll shelf empty in your supermarket ?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Woman in Lewes Tesco 0600hrs yesterday buying loads of boxes of tissues and multi packs of kitchen roll in lieu of loo roll, of which there was none. Flushing kitchen roll is just going to cause fatbergs.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There was a member of staff hovering outside the toilet area at the Hollingbury Asda today. My first thought was that he was there in case people stole the toilet rolls from the cubicles.

I went to Lidl Shoreham today and was fairly desperate for a no.2 and there was no loo roll. Fortunately, there was a member of staff outside the toilet. She went into a locked room and came out with one roll. Obviously that was all I need but I think the loo roll is on lockdown.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was in there yesterday too. They had loads in there and I didn't see one person clamouring to buy them. I didn't bother either as I didn't need it and don't want to get into that mindset.

I did however notice that they only had the cheapest variety available which I used to buy but recently made the decision to stop buying as it makes mini cigars when used. Maybe everyone else was also aware of the mini cigar effect and had also decided to refrain from buying for that same reason. Let us know how you get on with it.

:lolol:

Beggars can’t be choosers, I was glad for anything.

Nothing can be as bad as the hard, tracing paper type loo roll, at primary school in the 70’s. Branded Izal according to the internet.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Placed my Asda order on Tuesday no toilet rolls. Checked last night and of the 53 items I ordered 33 were either out of stock or substituted. So fannied around changing the order and noticed they had some loo rolls so ordered 2 packs of 6. This was at 11.30 pm. My order came 9.00am this morning and another 10 items had been subbed and the bliddy rolls had been changed to ONE pack of four..htfh can I make 4 rolls last 2 weeksbetween two of us

Shower?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is no loo roll shortage at our local supermarkets. Maybe the people who do the planning and buying for them are just better at their jobs than down your way.

I'm guessing the buyers don't anticipate folk going loopy, buying all the stock up.

As for Norfolk, I guess you either have bidets or don't bother to wipe yer bums.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You've panic-buyed. I know you don't care, but you have.

Someone else will go without as a direct result, but I appreciate as far as you're concerned, your family was the priority. And you don't care. Thats how this works.

Very true.

And if you doin't join in you lose out. No bogroll down here now. I could have been virtuous and not stocked up, but then I'd be wiping my arse with the Faversham Times, come Tuesday.

I had a conversation with a smart lad at Victoria Station 20 years ago. He said "this may seem civilised here, but if someone screamed 'Bomb!' you'd see the old and kids trampled to death in the stampede for the exits"

We are so not far away from the rest of the animal kingdom it barely warrants comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here