Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Toilet Roll crisis reaches new heights in Australia

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just saw this on Facebook :lol:

NEWS FLASH PEOPLE

there are 50,000 pallets of toilet paper sitting in just 1 warehouse in Vic so calm the farm and stop being so damn dramatic and stop �� the frantic buy up..... AUSTRALIA WILL NOT RUN OUT OF TOILET PAPER. It is manufactured here ��*♀️

People aren’t afraid it’ll run out, they’re afraid they’ll not be able to leave the house and get any. It’s actually quite a legit concern but they need to not be so selfish.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How much toilet paper do people use in two weeks FFS?

Well, quite. We must remember that the sort of people that panic buy are not the sort of people that would think that through.
I mean looks at the fatties fighting in that video. Thick, fat, and inconsiderate of others.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If it was New Zealand they could wipe their bums on sheep.

They could even get a new nursery rhyme out of it.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Based upon my observations:-

Men - about half a roll
Women - about 8 rolls

Living with two women I can attest to this. I honestly don’t know where it goes. :shrug:

I stocked up on a 12 pack this morning.

I noticed this morning everybody seems to be going crazy over hand sanitizer in my neck of the woods in the US. Weird times.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Yep. Before Dad died I made several trips back to the UK. Everytime I got back home I was struck by just how fat people were compared to the UK. I live in a city of 100k people we have 4 Hungry Jacks(burger King) 6 macca's, 4 KFC, 1 red rooster, about 20 Fish and Chips, at least 20 Pizza places, countless bakeries, every service station has meat pies. Not surprisingly the percentage of overweight / obese adults has topped 60% and in one area 70% of adults are classed as obese. I am guessing all their kids will be porkers as well.
I've been to Sydney and surrounding areas twice. First time to visit my daughter who was working out there at the time. I was amazed by how fat people were, Neighbours and Home and Away created an impression that everyone was a Adonis that drank apple juice and ate healthily. Also in 2012 Australia was the most obese nation pro rata. In 2017 when I went back on holiday things had not improved.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People aren’t afraid it’ll run out, they’re afraid they’ll not be able to leave the house and get any. It’s actually quite a legit concern but they need to not be so selfish.

Thing about panic buying is that when it starts you have to join in, unless you think supplies will always be replenished. It they aren't, the fact that loads of nobbers have a mountain of stuff and they are obviously wrong and you have nothing won't compensate you for having nothing :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Based upon my observations:-

Men - about half a roll
Women - about 8 rolls

Not mine - You obviously don't know my Dad

Both my bathrooms always have 2 rolls each when my Dad comes to visit for a weekend and they are all gone by the time he leaves. I have started to wonder if he uses it to dry himself when he comes out the shower

One roll lasts me 2 weeks

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Yep, I get that but they are buying enough to isolate at home for 6 months! It is now restricted to one pack per customer and when I eventually see some I will buy one pack.

The other problem is that the factories are working around the clock to produce extra supplies. I assume this will result in a higher cost of production which will result in a price increase in the shops.

I wonder who will be the first ones to complain about the price hike!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, I get that but they are buying enough to isolate at home for 6 months! It is now restricted to one pack per customer and when I eventually see some I will buy one pack.

The other problem is that the factories are working around the clock to produce extra supplies. I assume this will result in a higher cost of production which will result in a price increase in the shops.

I wonder who will be the first ones to complain about the price hike!

And just imagine the swathes of forest being turned to desert in persuit of this madness :mad:

Hang on. Mrs T has just made an excellent point, as she does. If one has to self isolate (as one would) one needs a week's supplies. Of anything one needs for a week. Fact.

I shall be off on a panic buying SPLURGE before the football on telly tomorrow.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Good job this didn't happen in the 70s when that shiny toilet paper was all the rage

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. Before Dad died I made several trips back to the UK. Everytime I got back home I was struck by just how fat people were compared to the UK. I live in a city of 100k people we have 4 Hungry Jacks(burger King) 6 macca's, 4 KFC, 1 red rooster, about 20 Fish and Chips, at least 20 Pizza places, countless bakeries, every service station has meat pies. Not surprisingly the percentage of overweight / obese adults has topped 60% and in one area 70% of adults are classed as obese. I am guessing all their kids will be porkers as well.

This is what happens when the working class find themselves with money. And I'm not being facetious. I was struck by it flying into Ann Arbor, Michigan, 30 years ago. In China, till very recently, the fatter you were, the richer you were regarded.

Natural selection eventually prevails, though. Nothing to see here. :shrug:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Thing about panic buying is that when it starts you have to join in, unless you think supplies will always be replenished. It they aren't, the fact that loads of nobbers have a mountain of stuff and they are obviously wrong and you have nothing won't compensate you for having nothing :shrug:

You keep telling that to yourself HWT :D

I'm only doing it cause he did it first.... when I saw all that bog roll and pasta in trollies, I had no choice :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here