Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ticket office - what a great bunch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I needed to deal with the ticket office today for what felt like quite a complicated transaction that included swapping season ticket seats for a game, buying some additional tickets (for people I didn't know the fan numbers of) and having them all grouped together.

It was all dealt with quickly and painlessly, with a confirmation email arriving instantaneously.

The ticket office is often the only personal touch point many people have with the club away from match days, and it's great that they do it so well. Fantastic ambassadors of the club.

We like to moan, but we should also make sure we praise when merited.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed, I would say in all my dealings with the ticket office every single person I have spoken to has been as helpful as possible, professional and has accommodated my request without fuss. They must sometimes have a nightmare job turning around tickets for cup fixtures etc but they seem very knowledgable, well trained and calm.

Not sure who is in charge of this part of the operation but they certainly deserve a lot of credit for it.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
They are amazeballs. Who is your favourite? The man with the beard is Zen personified, to the point where he has singlehandedly chilled me out within the space of a five minute "lunch hour" from work. The thin sporty lass at Falmer is a woman of towering patience. She ultimately can never hide her bemusement at the number of ways I find to lose my ticket or try and find the most complicated group of people possible to buy tickets for, but she always tries to look like she's not dealing with a goon.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I needed to deal with the ticket office today for what felt like quite a complicated transaction that included swapping season ticket seats for a game, buying some additional tickets (for people I didn't know the fan numbers of) and having them all grouped together.

It was all dealt with quickly and painlessly, with a confirmation email arriving instantaneously.

The ticket office is often the only personal touch point many people have with the club away from match days, and it's great that they do it so well. Fantastic ambassadors of the club.

I had to do something similar for Watford at home when I took my boy and his mates and my friend's son had my ticket. Sorted out quickly, painlessly and efficiently.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The ticket office folk have always been brilliant in my experience :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed, I would say in all my dealings with the ticket office every single person I have spoken to has been as helpful as possible, professional and has accommodated my request without fuss. They must sometimes have a nightmare job turning around tickets for cup fixtures etc but they seem very knowledgable, well trained and calm.

Not sure who is in charge of this part of the operation but they certainly deserve a lot of credit for it.

Paul McGowan, who is great.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
They are amazeballs. Who is your favourite? The man with the beard is Zen personified, to the point where he has singlehandedly chilled me out within the space of a five minute "lunch hour" from work. The thin sporty lass at Falmer is a woman of towering patience. She ultimately can never hide her bemusement at the number of ways I find to lose my ticket or try and find the most complicated group of people possible to buy tickets for, but she always tries to look like she's not dealing with a goon.

Zen Personified's name is Simon I believe, he's such a nice bloke!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fingers crossed it all works out on the day :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The front line staff at the club in general are fantastic, the service you receive in shop is always very good. Full credit to Harry. :thumbsup:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
All the staff at the Amex are fantastic.
A while ago I rang up and asked if my dad's memorial stone had been put in place. Nice chap called Amro went out and took photos of the wall and emailed them to me.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It wouldnt suprise me if the staff know of you, after all, you 'own' the biggest and most influential BHAFC website out there. Providing you poor customer service wouldn't be the brightest thing to do!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Zen Personified's name is Simon I believe, he's such a nice bloke!

Agree with you there about Simon.
Club really messed up with our Charlton tickets and when I popped into the ticket office at the Amex he sorted it all out there and then. Really was so helpful.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Even before the Amex the staff at the queens road shop have always been brilliant and I'm glad to say its the same great & helpful service at the Amex store

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I don't understand what you mean swappingh ST seats - couldnt the people have just swapped cards for the match or am I gertting wrong end of stick? (maybe concessions involved etc?)

Yeh, always found the Ticket office brilliant. Particularly when they allowed my Dad the senior ST (which in fairness he did deserve) despite being under 65 as he was over 60 at Withers when they changed the age from 60 to 65 - very understanding. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't understand what you mean swappingh ST seats - couldnt the people have just swapped cards for the match or am I gertting wrong end of stick? (maybe concessions involved etc?)

The scenario was...

I have 3 WSU tickets - a pair and a single.

I wanted 8 tickets together elsewhere with three of those eight being for the 3 WSU ticket holders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here