Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Thirteen Dumbest Band Names in Rock History.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Gay For Johnny Depp
Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel
The Cruci****s
Rapeman
Admit You're Shit
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Jesus Chrust

...are just a few I have either records or the odd track by.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
!!!

Still not sure how to pronounce it.

I believe it's pronounced Chk-Chk-Chk (as if that's any better). They weren't too bad, have a few songs on my computer of theirs.

Officially it's "any three repeated sounds", although Chk! Chk! Chk! seems to have been universally adopted. Saw them for the second time a couple of weeks ago. And for the second time it was one of the best live gigs I've been to. The recordings (apart from Me and Giuliani Down By the Schoolyard) aren't a patch on the party they throw live and don't do them justice.

Cant really see whats wrong with Toad the Wet Sprocket.

The US band the article mentions weren't even the first Toad the Wet Sprocket either. There was a British band around 1980 that was part of the "New Wave of Briritsh Heavy Metal". They appeared on the Metal for Muthas compilation, and I vaguely remember seeing them one time supporting either Praying Mantis or Iron Maiden. They were crap.

Personal dislikes are:

F#*k Buttons

Another stupednous live act.

Ou est le Swimming Pool was a good one

I was at their last ever show, the same day the singer killed himself.

Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel

I always thought he was better as You've Got Foetus On Your Breath, or The All-Nude Foetus Revue.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The was a group in the seventies (I think) called 'Hunt, Lunt and Cunningham'. They had a couple of hits but the radio DJs either refused to play them or refused to credit the group in case they got into trouble.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Steely Dan. Great name, great band.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Never ever seen any of these band names as silly . Enjoyed a lot the early bands mentioned ,especially Smeggy and the Cheesy Bits , 4 Skins and Gaye Bykers .Enjoyed a cracking night in Brighton watching them .
Julian Cope was playing the Top Rank, supported by the Sid Presley Experience .Once Sid Presley had finished , legged it down to the Zap (still had one tunnel then ) and enjoyed a cracking couple of sets by the Grebo phenonenums , Crazyhead and Gaye Bykers on Acid.

I suppose there are some silly names . Anal C*nt is not very funny I suppose , whereas a band calling themselves the Front Bottoms does tend to make me smile when I see their tour flyers .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mental As Anything.

I can't decide whether that is a shite name or a brilliant one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here