Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sussex Flag

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
South Saxons la la la

Originally Posted by MacKenzie
Another vote for EAST, EAST, EAST SUSSEX.

or South South South Saxons

We need a massive great banner with SOUTH SAXONS emblazoned across it in huge lettering, make it with spun gold & stitch it with silver thread.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
MID SUSSEX is declaring UDI over this.

We have been in both East and West, and have had enough. we're off, and we're taking OUR internaltional airport with us.

if Brighton and Hove can become a unitary authority and leave the county, then so can the historic wealden area known as "Mid Sussex"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

We have been in both East and West, and have had enough. we're off, and we're taking OUR internaltional airport with us.

if Brighton and Hove can become a unitary authority and leave the county, then so can the historic wealden area known as "Mid Sussex"

Interesting separatist development this....

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Apparently its this....i think...

gb-e-sus.gif

thats far too palarse in colours for my liking

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Well we have more piers than you.

EASTSIDE.png

Last edited:

Unless you mean Deanland airfield, "your" international airport is in WEST Sussex (Crawley, actually) - or possibly SURREY if you want to get all historical about it.

Sussex Flag

We Wunt be Druv
Sep 13, 2010
Sussex
Also, you don't need planning permission to fly the Sussex Flag as it is an official County Flag.
"Under Schedule 1 Class H of the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007, national flags, the flags of the Commonwealth, European Union, the United Nations, English counties and certain saints can be flown without the express consent of local authorities as long as they satisfy the standard conditions for the display of advertisements generally and the conditions and limitations set out within Class H itself" Department for Media, Culture and Sport
However, you would need planning permission for other flags.

Mendoza, The "East Sussex Flag" is the banner of arms of the East Sussex County Council and ONLY represents the council. The beauty of the Sussex County Flag is that it represents the people of Sussex and doesn't represent the politicians.

On the other point of a Saxon Crown being included. The Saxon Crown was actually a crown used by and originates from the Kingdom of the West Saxons (Wessex), which invaded and took control of Sussex in 825 AD. Southampton are already top of the table, so we don't want to give them anything else.

And, yes LB, Gatwick airport is still in the traditional county of Surrey.

FLY THE SUSSEX COUNTY FLAG OVER THE AMEX! (or at least duck tape them to the back of the north stand!)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I've got a big East Sussex martlets flag I'm happy to donate to the north stand for decoration LULZ - I think it's 6ftx4ft, could even be bigger

that sounds great mendoza, will you be able to hand it over by saturday ? would look great either held up high in the stands of stuck to the back wall .

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
People! People! Stop all this EAST/WEST division bollocks, that's exactly what 'they' (our Norman overlords) want. We are Sussex, one nation indivisible under God with liberty and chicken balti pies for all. Let's re-forge our national identity and proudly raise our standard at the Amex. So what if the flag was designed without some massive 'consultation process'? At least someone has taken the initiative and fair play to them.

Sussex independence I say!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Hastings surely rivals all three of them put together?

Never double posted in my life, but you have prompted me to do so! Leave my Hastings alone, it being in East Sussex alone makes it better than Crawley! punish:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here