Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The Summer 2013 Sea Fishing Thread***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in being a Gilthead Bream. On the contrary, its gleaming, golden nose-spot should surely be cause for pride.

Thanks for that.
I looked at it long and hard and thought thats not how you spell it but could not be arsed to change it, much easier to let the many spellcheckers on here do it for me, was my punctuation ok?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Thanks for that.
I looked at it long and hard and thought thats not how you spell it but could not be arsed to change it, much easier to let the many spellcheckers on here do it for me, was my punctuation ok?
Not entirely.

"The best fishing down here is from a boat in the mouth of the estuaries like Salcombe and Dartmouth. Light tackle and lots of different species but mainly Guilthead Bream which are fantastic sport."

You really do need a comma after Bream - otherwise you're implying that there are some Guilthead Bream that are not fantastic sport. And many writers would opt for a comma after 'estuaries' too. As it stands, you appear to be recommending fishing only in estuaries like Salcombe and Dartmouth - though not actually those two.

But I digress. Jolly well done on catching Giltheads. Pretty rare over here.

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Went sea fishing in the North Sea a couple of weeks ago. Caught bugger all myself however people with me got cod, whiting, and a ling. Usually catch a load of mackerel but a bit early in the season yet. Still experimenting with which colour/style of hokkai to use.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Any sign of the mackerel shoals yet ? thanks

Had a few hours tuesday at seaford using feathers 1 1st chuck then nothing for a hour then a string of 5 and a string of 4 in 2 casts , they are there but not in huge numbers so far .

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
shame the attachment ain't working mate,damn fine eel that,over 6lbs

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Unfortunately my ipad isn't playing ball then. I'll put it on my twitter [MENTION=12198]paul[/MENTION]_Wisey if anyone can do better be my guest.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here