Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The Summer 2013 Sea Fishing Thread***

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You need to make sure you're at the right venue, with the right bait, at the right time.....then get a boat

fair point, it would also help if I wasn't so bloody useless.

did have a joyous day last year when the bream where playing ball and that's what makes it all worth it.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Anyone fishing tonight? Another night of the east pier in newhaven for me. More plaice I reckon!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For those that like thier Bass fishing , had a match at widewater last night which is lancing end of shoreham and had quite a few after dark , biggest around the 3lb mark and nothing under a 1lb , lots of other bits n bobs showing up sole , small ray , dogs , smuts , and the odd bream .

Dont bother buying bait just nip to lancing beaches and dig yourself some blow lug as most if not all the fish are falling to lug at the moment .

May rot can be a pain as it clogs your line but dont cast out to far and its not a problem , most fish fell at between 40 and 60 yards .

Good luck .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've never been a fisherman, but have wanted to experience sea fishing for years, can anyone recommend a good way of starting?, just to see if a ... I'm any good at it, and b ... if l enjoy it.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Get down to your local tackle shop buddy. Can't beat local knowledge. You tube has got some great videos too! Good luck!!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
went rock fishing for bass last week in St Cyprien

caught f*** all,but that's rock fishing,all or nothing

the sea is 2 hours away from where I live,so it was brilliant just getting the line wet

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Only a 4 percent moon tonight near on perfect for fishing! Giving hollywell at Eastbourne a go tonight never fished it before anyone got any tips on what works best down there?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Depends what bait you have plenty of sole falling to sticky black and blowlug and still lots of smuts and small ray knocking around to all baits

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Depends what bait you have plenty of sole falling to sticky black and blowlug and still lots of smuts and small ray knocking around to all baits

I thought the Smuts were still pretty thin on the ground and that the season is practically over ? I beached a 5lb er about 6 weeks ago and haven't had another since !

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

yeah,would agree with that

plopping would be the order of the day (night),small hook

fish a 2nd rod with big bait on a pennel (just to put your mind at rest)

I miss beach fishing :(

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fished a match saturday at seaford and pretty much all that was caught were smuts and the odd sole at 20 ounces a piece on the matchcard they were well worth targeting as in reality they only wiegh a few ounces .ive not had a decent hound all year yet

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Nothing really to report. The odd decent bass has been caught but won't be long till mackerel will be around

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mackerel are around down here in the SW.
I caught lots of them from the mouth of the Tamar also small Pollock, Herring, Sardines and Wrasse. I have not seen any Bass yet.
I have seen plenty of huge Mullet though but I can't catch them.
Planning a trip to Slapton soon, if the conditions are right the beach fishing is brilliant with loads of Sole and Mackerel.
The best fishing down here is from a boat in the mouth of the estuaries like Salcombe and Dartmouth. Light tackle and lots of different species but mainly Guilthead Bream which are fantastic sport.

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
There were a few Bass caught today on Shoreham Arm, have also heard of some good size ones been caught fairly local, so their starting to show now.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The best fishing down here is from a boat in the mouth of the estuaries like Salcombe and Dartmouth. Light tackle and lots of different species but mainly Guilthead Bream which are fantastic sport.
There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in being a Gilthead Bream. On the contrary, its gleaming, golden nose-spot should surely be cause for pride.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here