Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] The Stable Yard - New Member's Club in Worthing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not convinced by this myself - Worthing's answer to Soho House it seems.

1691488155032.png

Trying to figure out who the demographic is. The sort of person who goes to an exclusive members only club probably doesn't want to hang out on Worthing High Street.

Also think it might've worked better a bit more tucked away somewhere on the seafront, but appreciate there's only so many locations. They're also starting off with a 50% off sale it seems, which again doesn't scream "Premium Quality".

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No parking, town centre, absence of style surrounding it, can't see it catching on. The discount idea surely takes you away from the demographic you seek?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No parking, town centre, absence of style surrounding it, can't see it catching on. The discount idea surely takes you away from the demographic you seek?
Exactly. Seems destined to fail to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Looks like an upmarket Airbnb concept rather than a private club.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not convinced by this myself - Worthing's answer to Soho House it seems.

View attachment 164615

Trying to figure out who the demographic is. The sort of person who goes to an exclusive members only club probably doesn't want to hang out on Worthing High Street.

Also think it might've worked better a bit more tucked away somewhere on the seafront, but appreciate there's only so many locations. They're also starting off with a 50% off sale it seems, which again doesn't scream "Premium Quality".
It does seem odd to have it in Worthing , not sure the demographics are right .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I imagine this will be going for two types of people;

The “grown up lad” in his late 30’s / 40’s who thinks playing golf and drinking Courvoisier makes them the height of sophistication. They’ll be in membership arrears within 4 months of joining.

The small business owner who probably owns a couple of greasy spoon cafes and a second hand car dealership. Annoying tits with spare money and zero taste.

There is no shortage of either of these in the Worthing area.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The “grown up lad” in his late 30’s / 40’s who thinks playing golf and drinking Courvoisier makes them the height of sophistication. They’ll be in membership arrears within 4 months of joining.

The small business owner who probably owns a couple of greasy spoon cafes and a second hand car dealership. Annoying tits with spare money and zero taste.

As always you make me chuckle TC😂

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You’d be surprised. Plenty of local businessmen / women will take it up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ll also add, someone involved in this venue once didn’t pay me for sone work I did with them - and they talk about previous venues they’ve been involved with without naming them. So I’d proceed with caution

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The similar type who lay out £40pp or whatever the price is for No 1 Lounge access at Gatwick thinking they’ve arrived at the top table only to realise within 10 minutes that standing up for two hours against a grotty breakfast bar quaffing granola and shit yoghurt trying desperately hard to get their monies worth when it would probably have been better in Witherspoons 😂😂

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Worthing is a World Leader in it in fact

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Having been in a similar one in Brighton, it’s gonna be a full of wankers, and will automatically go on my pub boycott list as it won’t allow football shirts.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a mate who will definitely join it. Town centre business man, he will see it as prestigious to be a member, even though I doubt it will give him anything that he can't get elsewhere. It's taking money from idiots basically.

Side note, that part of Worthing has in recent months been stab city. They are trying to improve it and bit by bit they are getting there, so fair play for the efforts. But not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here