Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Southampton golden ticket poll

What did you get in the Southampton ticket ballot?

• Window 1 - will take my ticket up

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Window 1 - will not take my ticket up

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • Window 2 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 93 24.9%
  • Window 2 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Window 3 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Window 3 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • Window 4 - will try to take my ticket up

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Window 4 - will not try to take my ticket up

Votes: 37 9.9%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know if you stand an equal chance of getting a ticket whether you're in a group or not in a group? ie does being in a group reduce your chances/lower your priority? Couldn't see it anywhere in the FAQs

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If that is the case, and I'm not saying that you're incorrect, then I find that odd.

The clubs claim they need to start getting people back to start income generation etc etc.

If a significant portion are those on jollies and wish to be fed & watered also, then that's even less cash made by the club.

The amounts of money you are talking about are minuscule in comparison to total budgets. As ever there will be a compromise reached with less than usual fan numbers and less than usual player/sponsor tickets. An Amex with 2000 people in attendance is driven by getting started on the process of achieving full grounds and definitely nothing to do with income generation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If that is the case, and I'm not saying that you're incorrect, then I find that odd.

The clubs claim they need to start getting people back to start income generation etc etc.

If a significant portion are those on jollies and wish to be fed & watered also, then that's even less cash made by the club.

I think for a lot of clubs in the PL they’ll lose money, however they’ll lose even more if they have to bail out the lower leagues. This 2k crowds is going to have a big impact for tiers 7 to 4, maybe 3. If they get some financial benefit then that will be less of a burden on those above. Right now I imagine administering this priority booking ballots and servicing just 2k in a 30k stadium isn’t generating much at all other than headaches, but is a big thing for football lower down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was slightly wrong, the (maximum) 500 includes hospitality and we know 1901ers are bracketed with the plebs in the Albion's ballot scheme.

A minimum of 75 per cent of the 2,000 tickets available for the Wolves fixture will be used for general admission, which is aligned to the ratio used when the stadium is at full capacity. The remaining tickets will be allocated to hospitality supporters, players and to meet contractual obligations. Only Anfield’s Main Stand will be in use for the Wolves fixture.​

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/417575-lfc-plans-to-welcome-fans-back-to-anfield

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The amounts of money you are talking about are minuscule in comparison to total budgets. As ever there will be a compromise reached with less than usual fan numbers and less than usual player/sponsor tickets. An Amex with 2000 people in attendance is driven by getting started on the process of achieving full grounds and definitely nothing to do with income generation.

This, for sure. The staffing costs associated with opening up the Amex for 2,000 fans will far outweigh any revenue generated. It was always going to be a loss-leader. But gotta start somewhere, and good to see the Albion in the forefront, just like they were in the summer

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
P1 me and my Ballot Buddies are very much looking forward to seeing the boys live , all be it without 30,000 fellow Albion fans :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anybody know if you stand an equal chance of getting a ticket whether you're in a group or not in a group? ie does being in a group reduce your chances/lower your priority? Couldn't see it anywhere in the FAQs

Yes, the club have confirmed everyone has an equal chance, whether grouped or not.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Equal chance for in and out of a group, yes. Barber mentioned this at one of the Q and As and NSC debated the maths on one of the other threads and concluded he was correct :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9612855 said:
So who's got a ticket so far? ???

Sales start at 10am.

Be interesting to see how many tickets are up for sale the moment it opens.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I am window 4, I will wait outside the ground and if anyone emerges before the final whistle, I will strangle them and hoist their lifeless body from the nearest lamppost. You have been warned!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't seem to have started at 10!

09:59 by my clock.

Fairly straight forward process.
Parking is attached.
S/T 'credit' removes cost after confirmation.

Is anyone going to be really upset if I mention I bought my own seat?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
09:59 by my clock.

Fairly straight forward process.
Parking is attached.
S/T 'credit' removes cost after confirmation.

Is anyone going to be really upset if I mention I bought my own seat?

I didn't notice you had to scroll down. Each time I clicked the link all I thought it was doing was refreshing the page.

When I got in, around 10:10 this was left:

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 10.10.11.png
Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 10.10.18.png

...which seems to be 1216 seats. Did c800 really sell in the first 10 minutes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here