Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Skids are playing Concorde 2 in June next year - tkts on sale now...can't wait!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was at that Top Rank gig also , happy days .

Went to Alice Cooper at the Centre on the Special Forces tour in 1981, the support was the Stuart Adamson Band, they really weren't very good at all, at one point after a few songs the drummer threw his sticks into the crowd, and the crowd threw the sticks back at him. Shortly after that they changed the name to Big Country, saw them live too, supporting Bowie, they hadn't improved as a live act.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not saying I'm OLD but my next few gigs are Heaven 17, Gary Numan, The Damned, Placebo, Pet Shop Boys, The Undertones, The Chameleons and now The Skids

I saw Gary Numan at the Brighton Centre around the time Cars came out, one of the best gigs I have been to. I'm sure I also saw him before that tour, but not sure if it was The Dome or the Centre.

I saw The Damned a few times late 70s and early 80s, I honestly couldn't tell you who is in the band now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really liked The Skids back then but I didn't know they played at Longhill School.

I am sure I saw them playing there as well, think they did 3 tracks

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Skids for Kids Tour at Longhill for all the under 18s who couldn't get into the Top Rank Suite (technically they were never that strict about imposing the age limits) and to be fair they played a decent set.

I seem to recall a few years back that Jobson had turned himself into a psuedo-intellectual Radio 4 high brow, who detested everything about his youthful music career. Expect a heart felt rendition of working for the Yankee Dollar.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I was at Longhill when they played there , oh and my mum went to school with the drummers dad !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Skids for Kids Tour at Longhill for all the under 18s who couldn't get into the Top Rank Suite (technically they were never that strict about imposing the age limits) and to be fair they played a decent set.

They were very strict about the age limit when Stiff Little Fingers played there, loads of us were outside.
I was gutted but I was only 15, I did go down in the afternoon and managed to meet the band, they let me into the sound check and gave out photos and badges.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I saw Gary Numan at the Brighton Centre around the time Cars came out, one of the best gigs I have been to. I'm sure I also saw him before that tour, but not sure if it was The Dome or the Centre.

I saw The Damned a few times late 70s and early 80s, I honestly couldn't tell you who is in the band now.

Sensible & Vanian from original line up and Monty (from Brighton) and Pinch on drums.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Dave Vanian and the Captain are still in the band. There's a very good film due out soon about The Damned, directed by the bloke that did the Lemmy movie. Rat Scabies is presenting a TV show about the Holy Grail.

A film about Numan played at the Duke of York about ten days ago, followed by a Q&A with the director.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here