[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Plus the possibility of a third wave could mean that this opportunity is only around for a handful of home games anyway.

I would say that the Sheff Utd game is likely to have no supporters as East Sussex is heading towards Tier 3 while B&H and West Sussex could be Tier 1 - if the Amex is in East Sussex then nobody will be going

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I would say that the Sheff Utd game is likely to have no supporters as East Sussex is heading towards Tier 3 while B&H and West Sussex could be Tier 1 - if the Amex is in East Sussex then nobody will be going

The stadium address is Falmer, Brighton and the Planning Authority for the stadium is Brighton & Hove so I doubt it would be dragged in to East Sussex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apologies if already asked.

If you go via the ticket exchange option can you only buy for yourself or also for others in your bubble (assuming there are enough available to cover that)

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

If you go via the ticket exchange option can you only buy for yourself or also for others in your bubble (assuming there are enough available to cover that)

You can buy for anyone in a priority group able to get a seat at that time provided they are in your friends and family group.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm not 100% but I think you can still buy for whomever is in your friends and family as long as they are eligible for a ticket. The 'group' we submitted was so that you were drawn in the same Priority group as friends or family. If it's got to the exchange and everyone is eligible to buy a ticket, then I think you can still buy through friends and family process. Haven't tried it though and someone would have to confirm!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The stadium address is Falmer, Brighton and the Planning Authority for the stadium is Brighton & Hove so I doubt it would be dragged in to East Sussex.

This was discussed earlier in the thread, planning was both B&H and Lewes DC so B&H and East Sussex - who knows until 15 December, five days until the match

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The club could clarify with the authorities and make an announcement. I can’t believe they wouldn’t bother checking until a tier change happens.

I would hope that has been done.

We could be in the situation that East Sussex goes into Tier 3 while B&H and West Sussex go into Tier1. If the Amex is in B&H then 4,000 supporters could attend meaning they could put on an extra 2,000 tickets on 16 December at the same time all the East Sussex ticket holders put theirs onto the exchange hoping to get their money back.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

We could be in the situation that East Sussex goes into Tier 3 while B&H and West Sussex go into Tier1. If the Amex is in B&H then 4,000 supporters could attend meaning they could put on an extra 2,000 tickets on 16 December at the same time all the East Sussex ticket holders put theirs onto the exchange hoping to get their money back.

I think IF that scenario would play out then the club would block and cancel the tickets for all persons with a tier three address and resell them themselves via the ticket exchange. I imagine that if any ticket holder moved into tier three the ticket would be removed from them and it won't be down to them putting them on the exchange.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
What have sales been like so far? Any insight?

BHA_SU.jpg

868 Sheffield Utd tickets left as of 1pm today

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Pretty sure that the stadium is in Brighton and Hove, but Bennetts Field Car Park is in East Sussex. Hence the problem with planning.

However a good part of the fanbase comes from East Sussex clearly, so surely the club would need to consider the tiers of East and West Sussex, not just Brighton and Hove when considering what capacity to go with. If one of those 3 is in Tier 2 then surely 2,000 remains. Would need the whole of the Sussex area to be in Tier 1 to raise it I suspect.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just to be a sanctimonious old git, After being lucky enough to see the Soton game on Monday, I'm in group 1 for the Sheff Utd game but I have decided to sit out to allow others the chance to go to the game.

that's all.:blush:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just to be a sanctimonious old git, After being lucky enough to see the Soton game on Monday, I'm in group 1 for the Sheff Utd game but I have decided to sit out to allow others the chance to go to the game.

that's all.:blush:

Well done. I was in Group 2 for the Soton game, and got a ticket. Group 2 again for Sheff Utd, but will likewise sit it out at home this time round :)

Out of interest, did anything happen, or did you manage to hold it in?

At my age? Luckily the crowd noise, such as it was, kept me informed as I quickly nipped out for a couple of mins in the second half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports