Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interested if anyone in Group 1 getting in as soon as the window opens could screen grab the seats available per block so we can see how many are being sold.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can I buy tickets for friends and family in 2 different bubbles (both same window) at the same time?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Interested if anyone in Group 1 getting in as soon as the window opens could screen grab the seats available per block so we can see how many are being sold.

BHAvSU.jpg
Top 4 East sections on second column are duplicates

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can I buy tickets for friends and family in 2 different bubbles (both same window) at the same time?

Yes.

Anyone can buy tickets for anyone else, as long as the person that will be allocated to the ticket has the right to buy at that time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wow - so either they're selling really quickly or quite a few are allocated to players/corporate.

Would explain why so many people were able to get tix on the exchange, I guess.

That was just shy of 1500 available at 09.15. I would think if you had lucked out in P1 and wanted to go to the Xmas home game, you'd be on at 09.00 sharp to get your best seat. 300 or 400 could easily have sold in that first 15mins. Would imagine players and staff have something like 2 guests each, so maybe 200 tickets perhaps? That might even be a high guess.

Baring in mind for the last home game when the window went to P2, 900 tickets or so sold in 15mins.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That was just shy of 1500 available at 09.15. I would think if you had lucked out in P1 and wanted to go to the Xmas home game, you'd be on at 09.00 sharp to get your best seat. 300 or 400 could easily have sold in that first 15mins. Would imagine players and staff have something like 2 guests each, so maybe 200 tickets perhaps? That might even be a high guess.

Baring in mind for the last home game when the window went to P2, 900 tickets or so sold in 15mins.

There will be the parallel ballot for 1901 members, with the tickets being split in proportion to a regular game, which is something like...

19,700 - regular STHs
3,300 - 1901

So, the starting position will be something like...

1,700 - regular STHs
300 - 1901

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mr and Mrs DiS would like to announce that they were both Tier 1, having been tier 4 for the Saints match, and have been successful in obtaining tickets for the Sheffield Utd Match.

It was a bit of a pain, though, and couldn’t sort out parking At the same time.... but I’m sure we’ll be able to do that later.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mr and Mrs DiS would like to announce that they were both Tier 1, having been tier 4 for the Saints match, and have been successful in obtaining tickets for the Sheffield Utd Match.

It was a bit of a pain, though, and couldn’t sort out parking At the same time.... but I’m sure we’ll be able to do that later.

That's strange because last game it forced me to select a car park even though I was intending to cycle. I then had to remove the parking space from my basket before I checked out.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Am I right in thinking the allocation is random for every match?! Isn't that a bit weird?

Don't know if this has been suggested before but... if there are 20,000 STHers, they could have been split into 10 set groups of 2000 each.

A draw could have determined which of the 10 groups was is in Priority Window 1 for the first match. That group would automatically be relegated to Priority Window 4 for the next game, with all other groups moved up the priority list.

With 10+ home matches remaining, everyone will have got a chance to go if they wanted to.

Anyone who gets in Priority 1 now is happy because they get to finally go back. Everyone who misses out is happy because they know they will get their chance and might get Palace or one of the crucial end-of-season matches.

Plus the last couple of matches (beyond 10) would need to be randomized, so everyone gets a second bite of the cherry.

What am I missing?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Am I right in thinking the allocation is random for every match?! Isn't that a bit weird?

Don't know if this has been suggested before but... if there are 20,000 STHers, they could have been split into 10 set groups of 2000 each.

A draw could have determined which of the 10 groups was is in Priority Window 1 for the first match. That group would automatically be relegated to Priority Window 4 for the next game, with all other groups moved up the priority list.

With 10+ home matches remaining, everyone will have got a chance to go if they wanted to.

Anyone who gets in Priority 1 now is happy because they get to finally go back. Everyone who misses out is happy because they know they will get their chance and might get Palace or one of the crucial end-of-season matches.

Plus the last couple of matches (beyond 10) would need to be randomized, so everyone gets a second bite of the cherry.

What am I missing?

If there are 10 groups then those in priority window 10 have to wait at least 7 games before they get a realistic shot at seeing a game.
The first draw consigns a big chunk of fans to not seeing a home game for months.

Plus the possibility of a third wave could mean that this opportunity is only around for a handful of home games anyway.

No fair way of doing this, because of the unknowns about the situation.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If there are 10 groups then those in priority window 10 have to wait at least 7 games before they get a realistic shot at seeing a game. The first draw consigns a big chunk of fans to not seeing a home game for months.

Knowing you've got to wait (Covid-permitting) is still better than missing out completely, as some will under the current system.

Let's see how people feel when the Palace draw is made and some fans are drawn for the 2nd or 3rd time, while others are yet to be drawn...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Knowing you've got to wait (Covid-permitting) is still better than missing out completely, as some will under the current system.

Let's see how people feel when the Palace draw is made and some fans are drawn for the 2nd or 3rd time, while others are yet to be drawn...

The Palace game will be the same as all of the others unless restrictions change, about 2k BHA fans and sod all else. :shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The Palace game will be the same as all of the others unless restrictions change, about 2k BHA fans and sod all else. :shrug:

Yes, it's an example.

As the draw is randomised for each match, Palace tickets could go to STHers who have been to 1-6 matches preceeding it, while some fans are still waiting for the opportunity to go to their first match of the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes, it's an example.

As the draw is randomised for each match, Palace tickets could go to STHers who have been to 1-6 matches preceeding it, while some fans are still waiting for the opportunity to go to their first match of the season.

I guess there's still time for the club to review the process on a game by game basis.

After the December games they will have some real data on which fans have had a chance and which haven't.

I don't disagree with you that if any fans have been in PW 3-4 for all 3 games ( and haven't subsequently managed to get a ticket in the exchange) - should then be prioritised.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, in fairness, there are a large number who don't want to go to ANY games, many that can't make specific matches and some who are in Teir 3 who aren't allowed to go... so we don't really know demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here