Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Self Isolater's Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tried to order home delivery (or click and collect) - it seems that the ****wits have stockpiled all the delivery slots too - there aren't any here!

There aren't any anywhere if you believe my Mrs and her mates. She works with an all woman team that are spread across the country. Not a single one has spotted a single delivery spot today. They've all been trying and no dice. Might well be part of the Boris 8.30pm announcement. Hopefully prioritising the vulnerable 12 week isolaters and rationing for the rest of us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There aren't any anywhere if you believe my Mrs and her mates. She works with an all woman team that are spread across the country. Not a single one has spotted a single delivery spot today. They've all been trying and no dice. Might well be part of the Boris 8.30pm announcement. Hopefully prioritising the vulnerable 12 week isolaters and rationing for the rest of us.
Hope so. I reckon with tinned stuff and what's in the freezer I could probably go four or five weeks (if I don't mind having no bread, eggs or fresh milk) but not much longer than that. Certainly not 12 weeks. And some of those tins right at the back of the cupboard might have an 'interesting' use-by date on them too!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hope so. I reckon with tinned stuff and what's in the freezer I could probably go four or five weeks (if I don't mind having no bread, eggs or fresh milk) but not much longer than that. Certainly not 12 weeks. And some of those tins right at the back of the cupboard might have an 'interesting' use-by date on them too!

Crossing my fingers for you. Including delivery drivers as "key workers" and including supermarket controls in the Covid 19 Bill makes me think that's what they'll do. TBH they will have to. The rest of us can then potter off to the shops when it suits to buy enough food for a normal household for one to two days.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Went to work yesterday, got a call from a colleague i take over from, who has tested positive for CV19, no symptoms.
Now they, another and myself are SI at home for 14 days FFS.
I fvcking hate being indoors at the best of times, this is going to hard,,even for my wife :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Tried to order home delivery (or click and collect) - it seems that the ****wits have stockpiled all the delivery slots too - there aren't any here!

Try Tescos. Yesterday we booked a delivery slot for Burgess Hill for next week. Presumably that isn’t the only location with times available.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Try Tescos. Yesterday we booked a delivery slot for Burgess Hill for next week. Presumably that isn’t the only location with times available.
It's fine now - no problems - not like it was in March!
What worked very well (and I guess well done to the Government, GP surgeries and the Supermarkets) lists of shielders were provided to the supermarkets, and they contacted us offering free recurring slots (plus there were free food parcels delivered for the first six weeks - most of which I arranged for my neighbours to pass on to the food bank). Life savers, those delivery slots were - and still rather useful, even though I can nip out to the supermarket with mask and hand sanitiser now (for the time being anyway!)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Went to work yesterday, got a call from a colleague i take over from, who has tested positive for CV19, no symptoms.

I fvcking hate being indoors at the best of times, this is going to hard,,even for my wife :shrug:

On a slightly different note, could NSC sages please help. I have a very reluctant contractor who, I am convinced, is trying to avoid shoddy work improvement by continually giving excuses as to why he cannot attend. He emailed me 5 days ago that one of his workmates has covid symptoms, but has not replied since when I asked him for further details. I have a 93 year-old mum living with us and so I need to know what the exact situation is, we are 70 and the family consists of key workers -I confess that I think he is using yet another excuse, and taking something dramatic in the hopes that I will not doubt him. I believe that using covid to your advantage is a criminal offence -any advice please, as to what to do or to whom I should go.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On a slightly different note, could NSC sages please help. I have a very reluctant contractor who, I am convinced, is trying to avoid shoddy work improvement by continually giving excuses as to why he cannot attend. He emailed me 5 days ago that one of his workmates has covid symptoms, but has not replied since when I asked him for further details. I have a 93 year-old mum living with us and so I need to know what the exact situation is, we are 70 and the family consists of key workers -I confess that I think he is using yet another excuse, and taking something dramatic in the hopes that I will not doubt him. I believe that using covid to your advantage is a criminal offence -any advice please, as to what to do or to whom I should go.

If you are using the NHS CV19 app and hopefully the contractor is, as they are stating CV symptoms.
The track and trace should've kicked in by now, as my predicament has warranted.
About reporting them, perhaps through trading standards.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What worked very well (and I guess well done to the Government, GP surgeries and the Supermarkets) lists of shielders were provided to the supermarkets, and they contacted us offering free recurring slots (plus there were free food parcels delivered for the first six weeks - most of which I arranged for my neighbours to pass on to the food bank). Life savers, those delivery slots were - and still rather useful, even though I can nip out to the supermarket with mask and hand sanitiser now (for the time being anyway!)

We visited Morrison’s up here yesterday for our first supermarket visit since March. It was a bit of a trial run as we only needed milk. I was just saying to my wife that there weren’t many people in when someone without a mask walked towards us. Back to online deliveries I think.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Only just realized I was replying to your post from March !

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Surely you should get a test and will know within 24 hours if you have Covid. If you don't have Covid you can go on about your life.

My Daughter had an email from college saying one of the tutors daughters had tested positive for Covid and not to come to college until the the tutor has had a test and had the results back. If the teacher is negative my daughter can go back.

To summarise, get a test, if you are negative you can go back to work.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just had a customer call up, who has a home appointment later today to measure a room for Amtico, "eer we have been told to self isolate,because we have been in close contact with someone who tested positive" ok "well can you still come?" eeerrr NO
They came into the shop on Monday (I was off) and saw my colleague who was due to go this afternoon, it is a mind field does my colleague now have to self isolate ? does the shop have to shut ?

Madness

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just had a customer call up, who has a home appointment later today to measure a room for Amtico, "eer we have been told to self isolate,because we have been in close contact with someone who tested positive" ok "well can you still come?" eeerrr NO
They came into the shop on Monday (I was off) and saw my colleague who was due to go this afternoon, it is a mind field does my colleague now have to self isolate ? does the shop have to shut ?

Madness

Your colleague should get a test. If he is negative, he can go about his life.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I have just finished a 14 day stint. Was very tough on my own.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
We visited Morrison’s up here yesterday for our first supermarket visit since March. It was a bit of a trial run as we only needed milk. I was just saying to my wife that there weren’t many people in when someone without a mask walked towards us. Back to online deliveries I think.

I fully get that and we too are sticking with home deliveries. We have tried to stay in our bunker since late Feb..... once things opened up again my wife has been picking up our scripts from Tesco’s and has noticed the the number of sanitizer stations has been reduced and that some staff are not wearing masks and saw a couple on her last visit who had them on their chins rather than covering mouths & noses.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If you are using the NHS CV19 app and hopefully the contractor is, as they are stating CV symptoms.
The track and trace should've kicked in by now, as my predicament has warranted.
About reporting them, perhaps through trading standards.
Thanks for that -appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here