Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The secret life of cats.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
it does not work like that believe me
you cannot harm,abuse,neglect any domestic pet the laws about this are pretty watertight

I think they should change the law so that you can kill other people's pets if they crap in your garden and leave dead animals on your lawn.

I am not being entirely serious, but........

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The only cat I ever liked was Peter Bonetti. Didn't he come from Worthing?

boik

I think they should change the law so that you can kill other people's pets if they crap in your garden and leave dead animals on your lawn.

I am not being entirely serious, but........

I wouldn't go anywhere near that far, but I dislike the fact that ALL other pets have to be kept under control EXCEPT for cats. Why are they so special. if you want a cat, make your garden cat-proof or take it out on a long lead. If I put a special door in my house that my dog could get out from when it wanted and traipsed over everythings property there would be hell to pay.

Cats are OK, but treat them like pets and keep them under control. Just as if it was a lion. If you can't do that, then you can't keep a cat.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't go anywhere near that far, but I dislike the fact that ALL other pets have to be kept under control EXCEPT for cats. Why are they so special. if you want a cat, make your garden cat-proof or take it out on a long lead. If I put a special door in my house that my dog could get out from when it wanted and traipsed over everythings property there would be hell to pay.

Cats are OK, but treat them like pets and keep them under control. Just as if it was a lion. If you can't do that, then you can't keep a cat.

Being realistic and less fanciful about what to do to cats, I agree entirely with your view.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
There are places in North America that have very progressive bylaws where animals are concerned insofar that they are all treated the same. It is a fineable offence if you allow your cat to roam the streets just as if you let your dog roam freely, which you haven't been able to for decades. Wandering cats will be picked up by Animal & Bylaw Services and you will have to pay to have your pet returned and you will incur a fine. This is one of the truly great bylaw acts.

Under the bylaw, both cat and dog owners are responsible for licensing their pets at three months of age and for ensuring the pets remain on the owner's property. Cats are not allowed to roam and must be restricted to their owner’s property. When off their owner’s property, dogs must be under their owner's control.

http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Pages/Animal-Services/Responsible-pet-ownership-bylaw.aspx

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this up to a point
people in this country are supposed to be animal lovers and most are even those who don't have pets, its the ones that have animals without thinking they have responsibilities
last nights programme surprised me how many people allow their cats out at night, that when they go missing stray run over ect.
we have never lets our cats out at night and maybe because they are lazy B******S they don't try to catch birds ,they watch then go off to find a mouse to catch.
we are lucky that we are home most of the day and if we are'nt then they are locked in , they have got used to this and it is possible to train a cat of sorts.
in answer to your other question cats are treated as semi-wild animals in law so can roam freely whether this is right or wrong is a debate that has raged for years
leads on cats well maybe if trained from young
and you can get dog flaps

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The only cat I ever liked was Peter Bonetti. Didn't he come from Worthing?

Cost us the 1970 World Cup.

Also in the feline cast of shame is Bob 'the cat' Bevan, supposed Brighton fan and unfunny 'comedian' who was wheeled out around the time of the 1983 Cup Final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here